Windows 10: Facebook making updates to rankings to bring people closer together

Discus and support Facebook making updates to rankings to bring people closer together in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Facebook was built to bring people closer together and build relationships. One of the ways we do this is by connecting people to meaningful posts from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Facebook making updates to rankings to bring people closer together

What is the update?

Today we use signals like how many people react to, comment on or share posts to determine how high they appear in News Feed.

With this update, we will also prioritize posts that spark conversations and meaningful interactions between people. To do this, we will predict which posts you might want to interact with your friends about, and show these posts higher in feed. These are posts that inspire back-and-forth discussion in the comments and posts that you might want to share and react to – whether that’s a post from a friend seeking advice, a friend asking for recommendations for a trip, or a news article or video prompting lots of discussion.

We will also prioritize posts from friends and family over public content, consistent with our News Feed values.

What does this mean for Pages and public content?

Because space in News Feed is limited, showing more posts from friends and family and updates that spark conversation means we’ll show less public content, including videos and other posts from publishers or businesses.

As we make these updates, Pages may see their reach, video watch time and referral traffic decrease. The impact will vary from Page to Page, driven by factors including the type of content they produce and how people interact with it. Pages making posts that people generally don’t react to or comment on could see the biggest decreases in distribution. Pages whose posts prompt conversations between friends will see less of an effect.

Can people still see posts from the Pages they follow at the top of News Feed?

Yes. People who want to see more posts from Pages they follow can choose See First in News Feed Preferences to make sure they always see posts from their favorite Pages.

What types of Page posts will show higher in News Feed?

Page posts that generate conversation between people will show higher in News Feed. For example, live videos often lead to discussion among viewers on Facebook – in fact, live videos on average get six times as many interactions as regular videos. Many creators who post videos on Facebook prompt discussion among their followers, as do posts from celebrities. In Groups, people often interact around public content. Local businesses connect with their communities by posting relevant updates and creating events. And news can help start conversations on important issues.

Using “engagement-bait” to goad people into commenting on posts is not a meaningful interaction, and we will continue to demote these posts in News Feed.

Does this mean you are eliminating Page content from News Feed?

No. This update is not the same as the recent tests where all Page content was moved to the Explore Tab. Page posts will still appear in News Feed, though there may be fewer of them.

Source: News Feed FYI: Bringing People Closer Together | Facebook Newsroom

:)

Brink, Jan 11, 2018

2. Delete contacts?

Hi Fujjiie,

If you dont want to see a particular facebook friend on your device, you will need to un-friend them on facebook. The KIN was designed as a social device to bring you closer to your friends from Facebook, etc.

Jorge E. - WP7 Support, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Shankyiee Win User
    Facebook integration removed in Windows phone 8.1

Even the people @ Microsoft are not so dumb that they dont know what they have done. May be they have done something like this because they might be bringing in something more advanced than this. May be they are in their testing phase or something like that.
    Just think, what if Whats-app & Twitter & Facebook all combined in the core OS !!!!! It would make the Microsoft the top grossing seller of the mobile phones in their history !!!! You never what the people @ microsift might be brewing....

But sadly, I have removed the Facebook app from my phone. Instead, using Facebook on PC is much more convenient now. No problems of updating, et al.....

Microsoft : Please bring the integration again !!! People are starting to buy Windows Phones. So why not bring in your ultimate selling point forward.

We all look forward to see a positive reply from you.

Shankyiee, Jan 11, 2018
Thema:

Facebook making updates to rankings to bring people closer together

1. Facebook making updates to rankings to bring people closer together - Similar Threads - Facebook making updates

2. Closer Together . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closer Together . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I just, reset my computer. And. there's one thing. I don't know how to do? How do you, change the spacing. Between, the desktop icons? They're, very far apart. I want to get them closer. That's it. Thanks for reading ....
  3. Facebook introduces Watch Together on Messenger

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces Watch Together on Messenger: Some things are simply better together. Earlier this year, we rolled out several new tools to help you stay more connected with your friends and family, no matter where they are. And today, we’re announcing Watch Together so you can enjoy Facebook Watch videos...
  4. software ranks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software ranks: hey there can we have a kind of ranking for the newest software this year so we can get clear pick up list for the best ones?
  5. Hosting Ranks?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosting Ranks?: Hello, If you don't live under a rock you have heard or you have bought a domain and a hosting plan @ GoDaddy The problem whit GoDaddy for me is this hosting is very expensive (Mexico) I am looking for alternatives Is there a Rank list of providers that offers hosting...
  6. Hosting Ranks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosting Ranks?: Hello, If you don't live under a rock you have heard or you have bought a domain and a hosting plan @ GoDaddy The problem whit GoDaddy for me is this hosting is very expensive (Mexico) I am looking for alternatives Is there a Rank list of providers that offers hosting...
  7. Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together: Remember the mysterious test that Microsoft wanted Windows 10 Insider Build testers to run recently without revealing anything about it? Microsoft wanted users to report any issues found during the installation and launch of State of Decay, but did not reveal any information...
  8. Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 brings Reactions and more in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 brings Reactions and more in latest update: Last week we reported that Facebook has released a new and big update for its Messenger Beta application for Windows 10 users. The update was available for users enrolled in the Beta program of the Messenger application. Today the company has released a new update for its...
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Brings Closer to Windows for Everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Brings Closer to Windows for Everyone: Today, with the launch of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Microsoft is taking a big step forward on our journey to make our products more accessible and empower people with disabilities. Our teams have been working tirelessly to build inclusive content and expand the...
  10. The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

in Windows 10 News
    The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together: From email to Hangouts to a good ol' fashioned phone call, you've got a lot of options to get in touch with someone. But keeping all those options organized for all your contacts...well, it can be a pain, especially when you need to find that information in a hurry! So...