Windows 10: Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes

Discus and support Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, Facebook is rolling out a new update to its Messenger Beta on Windows 10 after a long gap. The last update was released in 2018 and after a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 3, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes

Today, Facebook is rolling out a new update to its Messenger Beta on Windows 10 after a long gap. The last update was released in 2018 and after a long gap, Facebook is pushing out a new update for Messenger beta on Windows 10 devices.

The long overdue update for the Messenger application comes with several new features apart from the usual bug fixes and performance improvements. The latest update advances the Messenger beta to version 196.2194.9505.0 from version 165.1680.5943.0. This beta release introduces a new layout for the login page.

The developers have also introduced a new chat search option and renewed settings page in this release. This update introduces an optional ‘Data saver’ feature to prevent images and videos from downloading automatically and eating up your internet data balance. When the feature is enabled, you have to tap on the video to play the content.

After installing today’s beta update, you will be able to login to the Messenger with your phone number and can now also create a new account from the settings page of the app.

1 of 2
    Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes Messenger-Beta-1-658x420.jpg
    Image Credit: Aggiornamentilumia
    Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes Messenger-Beta-661x420.jpg

If you have access to Facebook pages, you can now manage the chats more efficiently. The new version also comes with the usual small batch of fixes. Here’s the full changelog:

• Facebook has revamped the login experience.
    • There’s finally an option search for keywords in messages.
    • Settings page has been updated.
    • Adds support for Data Saver to disable automatic downloading of media contents.
    • Allows you to add a new mobile number to the Messenger platform.
    • You can now create a new account from the settings page.
    • Introduces improved chat management for Facebook pages.

That’s pretty much it. If you use Facebook Messenger often, you can head to the Microsoft Store and grab the update.

The post Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 3, 2019

2. Hands-on with the Facebook Messenger (beta) app for Windows 10

While Facebook first announced at Microsoft’s Windows 10 Devices event in October that it was working on Universal Windows 10 apps for Facebook, Facebook Messenger and Instagram, the social network has yet to deliver all the goodies to all enthusiast Windows 10 fans. Last month, we obtained some leaked images of the new Facebook Messenger app for Windows 10, which is still in closed beta, but today we were able to download and install the app without being in the beta. Others have not been able to access it yet, however.

We were able to successfully download the app on one of our Windows 10 PCs and we just spent some time playing with it. Long story short, it feels very much like the Instagram beta app on Windows 10 Mobile which is nothing more than an iOS port. In our brief testing with the Facebook Messenger app on Windows 10, we saw that the app uses an adaptable layout and all the features (including notifications) worked reliably. It seems that the only big feature missing here but available on the iOS and Android apps are voice and video calls. Otherwise, it’s a pretty good experience overall. Please find the detailed features of the app along some screenshots below:

◾Get notifications so you never miss a message
    ◾See when you have messages waiting for you with a live tile
    ◾Send photos, videos, GIFs and more
    ◾Bring your conversations to life with stickers
    ◾Know when people have seen your messages
    ◾Create groups for the people you message most—name them and set group photos
    ◾Forward messages or photos to people who weren’t in the conversation
    ◾Search for people and groups to quickly get back to them

Capture-3 Hands-on with the Facebook Messenger (beta) app for Windows 10
    You can send stickers, gifs and voice messages.

Capture5 Hands-on with the Facebook Messenger (beta) app for Windows 10
    The Settings panel. Yes, this looks just like an iOS port.

Read rest at source here
    Hands-on with the Facebook Messenger (beta) app for Windows 10

hTconeM9user, Mar 3, 2019
  3. First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile

First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile

Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes [​IMG]

Read more: http://mspoweruser.com/first-look-fa...ows-10-mobile/

Cluster Head, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes

Facebook apps &Facebook messenger

Hello,

Regarding your concern, we recommend that you try each version of the Facebook and Messenger app. Use the app that works for your phone.

You can install the mentioned apps by visiting the following links:

Please make sure that you have enough space in your Storage to run the app.

Let us know if you need more help.

Shaira Cay, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes

1. Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes - Similar Threads - Facebook Messenger beta

2. Windows 10 and Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and Facebook Messenger: Back in December after a Windows Update I started having issue's with Facebook Messenger launching (Windows Store version), both Stable and Beta. The splash screen with the logo comes up but then it closes. I have reset it, uninstalled... nothing fixed it. In Event Viewer is...
  3. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Messenger: Hi I am getting the following message when I try to make a video call. However it does not allow me to turn the camera and mic on. Can you help? Please allow camera and microphone access Allow Messenger to use your camera and microphone so that others on the call can see and...
  4. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger: I could not make an audio call from FB Messenger but I could on Viber and Zoom. I plan to uninstall, reinstall Messenger but I don't see the app on the uninstall app of the control panel. Facebook app is not also there. What shall I do? Thank you. Elvie...
  5. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: How do I remove facebook messenger from my desktop computer and if I do can I still get messages on my desktop (windows 10). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-messenger/6d59e6d1-b30e-4beb-b87a-9e545a37ee84
  6. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....
  7. FACEBOOK APP & Beta WONT START even Messenger

FACEBOOK APP & Beta WONT START even Messenger: Hi! Since July 16, 2018, my Facebook app closes after few secs, it doesn't continue. Earlier even my Viber wasn't working, but I've reinstalled it and Viber works. I've tried CC cleaner, uninstalled and deleted registry but still not working or maybe I cant delete it. I...
  8. Facebook Beta for Windows 10 updated with new features and UI changes

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Beta for Windows 10 updated with new features and UI changes: Facebook launched its own Windows 10 app for PCs in 2015, and later for Windows 10 Mobile. The social media company stopped updating its app for Windows 10 devices, but today it appears that some users are seeing an updated version of Facebook Beta in the Microsoft Store...
  9. Messenger Beta updated with new features for Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Messenger Beta updated with new features for Windows 10 users: Facebook after a very long time has finally pushed out a new and major update for its Messenger Beta application for Windows 10 PC users. The latest update comes with many new features and is available for Windows 10 users in Microsoft Store. The latest update is currently...
  10. Hands-on with the Facebook Messenger (beta) app for Windows 10

Hands-on with the Facebook Messenger (beta) app for Windows 10: While Facebook first announced at Microsoft’s Windows 10 Devices event in October that it was working on Universal Windows 10 apps for Facebook, Facebook Messenger and Instagram, the social network has yet to deliver all the goodies to all enthusiast Windows 10 fans. Last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. facebook messenger beta for windows 10 64bit