Windows 10: Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019

Discus and support Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows did an auto update yesterday and now Facebook Messenger no longer works. 5/14/2019 What's up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PK2019, May 15, 2019.

1. PK2019 Win User

Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019

Windows did an auto update yesterday and now Facebook Messenger no longer works. 5/14/2019 What's up?

:)

PK2019, May 15, 2019
  2. EmazAnwar Win User

Facebook Messenger Discontinuation

As announced in Facebook blog, they said:

With over 1B people using Messenger every month, our team spends countless hours making it the best way to message your friends and family. One of the ways we continue to improve is by consistently introducing
    rich features, like voice and video calling, games, and bots for Messenger. Using older versions of apps means that experiences won’t work well or sometimes not at all. As a result, we are asking people who are using older versions to upgrade so they can enjoy
    more of the delightful features of Messenger.

We will be ending support for messaging in some older mobile app versions of Messenger and Facebook. We have proactively reached out to those affected and have also offered suggestions right in Messenger. These
    include updating your app to the latest version, loading an OS update for your device or migrating to Facebook Lite. If your devices do not support the newest versions of Facebook, we recommend going to Facebook.com through your mobile browser.

By the end of March, we will be ending support for messaging on the following older mobile app versions:

• Android
      • Facebook for Android v55, released on November 16, 2015, and below.
      • Messenger v10, released on August 14, 2014, and below.
    • iOS
      • Facebook for iPad v26, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
      • Messenger v8, released on July 14, 2014, and below.
      • Facebook for iOS, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
    • Windows
      • Facebook for Windows Phone.
      • Messenger for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.
      • Facebook for Windows 8 and 8.1 desktop app.

EmazAnwar, May 15, 2019
  3. Johnno61 Win User
    Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps

Hi All

Just touching base on Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps. They still aren't working on my end. Even after the latest update. Which was Sat 15/10/ 2016.

Any suggestions & ideas, would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Cheers & Good Day....... Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019 :) Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019 :) Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019 :) Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019 :)

Johnno61, May 15, 2019
  4. Mosk79 Win User

Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load

Facebook and Messenger apps stop working since last two updates. (+10 days ago I think)
    Facebook release and update today, the problem still exists.
    All my friends and clients have the same problem, and all of them have anniversary edition (Windows 10 pro x64)

The problem is from facebook side, I think there is nothing we can do...just wait for a version that works.

Mosk79, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019 - Similar Threads - Facebook messenger working

2. Windows 10 and Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and Facebook Messenger: Back in December after a Windows Update I started having issue's with Facebook Messenger launching (Windows Store version), both Stable and Beta. The splash screen with the logo comes up but then it closes. I have reset it, uninstalled... nothing fixed it. In Event Viewer is...
  3. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Messenger: Hi I am getting the following message when I try to make a video call. However it does not allow me to turn the camera and mic on. Can you help? Please allow camera and microphone access Allow Messenger to use your camera and microphone so that others on the call can see and...
  4. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger: I could not make an audio call from FB Messenger but I could on Viber and Zoom. I plan to uninstall, reinstall Messenger but I don't see the app on the uninstall app of the control panel. Facebook app is not also there. What shall I do? Thank you. Elvie...
  5. Facebook messenger

Facebook messenger: I had to reset my evoo laptop a few days ago because my grandson did something to it and nothing was working right. Yesterday I went thru my app library and re-installed a few of the apps I use most that were on here before, messenger being one. All of them except messenger...
  6. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: How do I remove facebook messenger from my desktop computer and if I do can I still get messages on my desktop (windows 10). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-messenger/6d59e6d1-b30e-4beb-b87a-9e545a37ee84
  7. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: Hello! I have a problem with Facebook Messenger. Each time I try to login to my Facebook Account from the Facebook Messenger Desktop app, I receive an error message telling me that the Security Code I enter (sent to my Mobile Phone) is not correct. This doesn't happen when I...
  8. Facebook reinstalled but Messenger will not work.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Facebook reinstalled but Messenger will not work.: I deleted Facebook from Windows because Messenger was hanging up. Now I have Facebook reinstalled but Messenger will not work. Anyone ever had this happen? Thanks...
  9. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....
  10. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. messenger doesnt work on facebook on pc

2. NO SOUND ON MESSENGER APP

3. facebook messenger not working windows 10