Windows 10: Facebook Messenger will not install to My PC from the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Facebook Messenger will not install to My PC from the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I definitely do NOT have Messenger installed on my PC My PC is Completely Up to Date I am Running Windows 10 It is fully up to date I open Microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Robert~, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Robert~ Win User

Facebook Messenger will not install to My PC from the Microsoft Store

I definitely do NOT have Messenger installed on my PC

My PC is Completely Up to Date

I am Running Windows 10 It is fully up to date

I open Microsoft Store

I select the OFFICIAL Messenger App Created By Facebook

The Get App button is greyed out

I had this installed on my PC on the 7th of March and it worked perfectly It is designed for windows 10

I did a full Clean re install of windows 10 from the ISO file I downloaded from Microsoft on 1st of July because the stupid system they have keeps all the bits I want to clear when supposedly doing a clean reinstal via Settings

It is now 8th of July and I am not allowed to re install Messenger message says this will not work on my PC

Can someone please advise

If this app does not work on windows 10 Why is it in the Microsoft Store?

:)

Robert~, Jul 8, 2020

2. Microsoft store keeps failing to download Facebook Messenger

Three of your four suggestions have been tried in vain - only the 'firewall not blocking store' has not been tried for lack of instructions.
    I have researched this extensively. Somewhere, I got the idea that there should be a \windows\winstore\ folder. I have been unable to 'put that back'.
    When I enter Facebook Messenger into Store's SEARCH box, I get 46 results. When I click on the one called MESSENGER
    it starts downloading, then produces an error message : I have attached a shot of what I got just now, but 'often' it would start, then end in an error, quoting a code that I can not NOW produce.

Sebastian42, Jul 8, 2020
  3. thomcats Win User
    I want to remove Facebook Messenger

You're quite right about the version. I'm out to kill the Facebook Messenger. Thought that possibly removing the Windows app might help, but it doesn't. Will look into the URL you suggested above. Thanks! Facebook Messenger will not install to My PC from the Microsoft Store :)

thomcats, Jul 8, 2020
  4. thomcats Win User

I want to remove Facebook Messenger

I found today that Facebook had installed Messenger to take care of all my messages. I hate the interface and I hate the idea of an installation I haven't chosen myself. Is there a way to uninstall Messenger on Facebook and get back the simple ordinary text in which way I used to get/send my message? So far I haven't found any setting which will allow me to do so. I would be very grateful for any suggestion.

Kindest Regards
    *Think

thomcats, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Facebook Messenger will not install to My PC from the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Facebook Messenger install

2. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Messenger: Hi I am getting the following message when I try to make a video call. However it does not allow me to turn the camera and mic on. Can you help? Please allow camera and microphone access Allow Messenger to use your camera and microphone so that others on the call can see and...
  3. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger: I could not make an audio call from FB Messenger but I could on Viber and Zoom. I plan to uninstall, reinstall Messenger but I don't see the app on the uninstall app of the control panel. Facebook app is not also there. What shall I do? Thank you. Elvie...
  4. Microsoft store keeps failing to download Facebook Messenger

Microsoft store keeps failing to download Facebook Messenger: Today, the Store responds with 'TRY THAT AGAIN - Page could not be loaded' before I have even done anything in the Store. 32bitWin10ProV1909 152264
  5. Microsoft store keeps failing to download Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft store keeps failing to download Facebook Messenger: Today, the Store responds with 'TRY THAT AGAIN - Page could not be loaded' before I have even done anything in the Store. 32bitWin10ProV1909 152264
  6. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: How do I remove facebook messenger from my desktop computer and if I do can I still get messages on my desktop (windows 10). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-messenger/6d59e6d1-b30e-4beb-b87a-9e545a37ee84
  7. Win 10 Store /Facebook Messenger

Win 10 Store /Facebook Messenger: Hi I have a Lumia 550 and running Win 10 (most of the time ok) but the Microsoft store doesn't load and I cannot remove it or repair it (options greyed out). How do I get it back? Help. I have reinstalled Win 10 from scratch but don't want to keep doing that just to access...
  8. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: Hello! I have a problem with Facebook Messenger. Each time I try to login to my Facebook Account from the Facebook Messenger Desktop app, I receive an error message telling me that the Security Code I enter (sent to my Mobile Phone) is not correct. This doesn't happen when I...
  9. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....
  10. Can't install Facebook messenger on my Windows 10 PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install Facebook messenger on my Windows 10 PC: Split from this thread. I am trying to install it on my PC. I have it on my phone and ipad already and it works fine on those device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-facebook-messenger-on-my-windows-10/5dd79d5a-c9ae-40cf-9589-32966717e62b"