Windows 10: Facebook Messenger

Discus and support Facebook Messenger in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vgkfan83, Feb 14, 2019.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Facebook Messenger

Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see.

Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant. But when she goes to sleep, her Messenger status will still say "Active". I'm assuming, she didn't close the background services.

Another problem I see, and I don't know if it does the same on my end, but on her end, when she's asleep, her Active Status will change from Active to Active so many minutes ago, and it'll do that for hours on end until she wakes up and tells me she's awake.

My question is. . . Is she lying to me when she says she's asleep? Does she have me on ignore/mute? Or is Facebook Messenger just glitchy like that?

*Sorry guys. I didn't know where to put this message. Thanks for moving it*

:)

vgkfan83, Feb 14, 2019
  2. thomcats Win User

I want to remove Facebook Messenger

You're quite right about the version. I'm out to kill the Facebook Messenger. Thought that possibly removing the Windows app might help, but it doesn't. Will look into the URL you suggested above. Thanks! Facebook Messenger :)

thomcats, Feb 14, 2019
  3. thomcats Win User
    I want to remove Facebook Messenger

I found today that Facebook had installed Messenger to take care of all my messages. I hate the interface and I hate the idea of an installation I haven't chosen myself. Is there a way to uninstall Messenger on Facebook and get back the simple ordinary text in which way I used to get/send my message? So far I haven't found any setting which will allow me to do so. I would be very grateful for any suggestion.

Kindest Regards
    *Think

thomcats, Feb 14, 2019
  4. EmazAnwar Win User

Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger Discontinuation

As announced in Facebook blog, they said:

With over 1B people using Messenger every month, our team spends countless hours making it the best way to message your friends and family. One of the ways we continue to improve is by consistently introducing
    rich features, like voice and video calling, games, and bots for Messenger. Using older versions of apps means that experiences won’t work well or sometimes not at all. As a result, we are asking people who are using older versions to upgrade so they can enjoy
    more of the delightful features of Messenger.

We will be ending support for messaging in some older mobile app versions of Messenger and Facebook. We have proactively reached out to those affected and have also offered suggestions right in Messenger. These
    include updating your app to the latest version, loading an OS update for your device or migrating to Facebook Lite. If your devices do not support the newest versions of Facebook, we recommend going to Facebook.com through your mobile browser.

By the end of March, we will be ending support for messaging on the following older mobile app versions:

• Android
      • Facebook for Android v55, released on November 16, 2015, and below.
      • Messenger v10, released on August 14, 2014, and below.
    • iOS
      • Facebook for iPad v26, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
      • Messenger v8, released on July 14, 2014, and below.
      • Facebook for iOS, released on October 10, 2011, and below.
    • Windows
      • Facebook for Windows Phone.
      • Messenger for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.
      • Facebook for Windows 8 and 8.1 desktop app.

EmazAnwar, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Facebook Messenger

1. Facebook Messenger - Similar Threads - Facebook Messenger

2. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  3. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  4. Sharing pictures, videos & files from Windows 10 & 11 Context Menu to Facebook or Messenger...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing pictures, videos & files from Windows 10 & 11 Context Menu to Facebook or Messenger...: Sharing pictures, videos & files from Windows 10 & 11 Context Menu to Facebook or Messenger.I would like to share pictures and/or videos and other files via the Windows context menu. When I right click to share, I don't see an option to add an app to the context menu. I have...
  5. Sharing pictures, videos & files from Windows 10 & 11 Context Menu to Facebook or Messenger...

Sharing pictures, videos & files from Windows 10 & 11 Context Menu to Facebook or Messenger...: Sharing pictures, videos & files from Windows 10 & 11 Context Menu to Facebook or Messenger.I would like to share pictures and/or videos and other files via the Windows context menu. When I right click to share, I don't see an option to add an app to the context menu. I have...
  6. Sharing pictures, videos & files from Windows 10 & 11 Context Menu to Facebook or Messenger...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Facebook Messenger not working on PC even after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook Messenger not working on PC even after reinstall: Messenger isn't and hasn't been working for a long time, it will open, load but then simply shut down. The problem started over a month ago, I tried everything. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times both via Microsoft Store and downloaded from browser...
  8. Facebook Messenger not working on PC even after reinstall

Facebook Messenger not working on PC even after reinstall: Messenger isn't and hasn't been working for a long time, it will open, load but then simply shut down. The problem started over a month ago, I tried everything. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times both via Microsoft Store and downloaded from browser...
  9. So a few years ago I downloaded Facebook Messenger from a random website and the exe File's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So a few years ago I downloaded Facebook Messenger from a random website and the exe File's...: For the record, I did not install the exe file after I downloaded it, I deleted it instantly and left the website, So my PC is safe, However what would have happened if I were to have Installed it? Would I have given my PC a virus? If so I'm glad I didn't install it lol....
  10. So a few years ago I downloaded Facebook Messenger from a random website and the exe File's...

So a few years ago I downloaded Facebook Messenger from a random website and the exe File's...: For the record, I did not install the exe file after I downloaded it, I deleted it instantly and left the website, So my PC is safe, However what would have happened if I were to have Installed it? Would I have given my PC a virus? If so I'm glad I didn't install it lol....