Windows 10: Facebook unintentionally uploaded 1.5 million users email contacts

Discus and support Facebook unintentionally uploaded 1.5 million users email contacts in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Facebook harvested the email contacts of 1.5 million users without their knowledge or consent when they opened their accounts. Since May 2016, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Facebook unintentionally uploaded 1.5 million users email contacts

Read more: Facebook uploaded 1.5 million users email contacts without permission - Business Insider

:)

Brink, Apr 18, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Apr 18, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Apr 18, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Yahoo Email Contacts List

At work I have a rather large list of contacts, sometimes I have multiple email addresses within one single contact. For example, lets say I have a contact "Bob", within that contact I have L: emailaddress1@techpowerupisawesome.com and L: emailaddress2@techpowerupisawesome.com. When I begin a new email, if I type "Bob", both of these addresses will appear, but I can only select one. I'd like to select both without having to retype Bob to make the list appear again to click the other.

I'm aware you can click the "To:" button to make the list of contacts appear, but you need to scroll down and find your contact, then shift click to select them all. Scrolling around can be troublesome with the amount of contacts I have. I'm not really interested in making groups for various reasons.

So is what I'm trying to do possible or am I asking too much?

OrbitzXT, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Facebook unintentionally uploaded 1.5 million users email contacts - Similar Threads - Facebook unintentionally uploaded

2. Facebook using S-1-5-21 to change microphone settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook using S-1-5-21 to change microphone settings: Recently while reviewing my event logs, I found that Facebook changed my mic settings to 'allow'. Task Category: Default Consent Created... User S-1-5-21-1425085310-3013576938-1997877388-1001 setting for allow app Facebook.Facebook_8xx8rvfyw5nnt access to microphone default...
  3. Facebook using S-1-5-21 to change microphone settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook using S-1-5-21 to change microphone settings: Recently while reviewing my event logs, I found that Facebook changed my mic settings to 'allow'. Task Category: Default Consent Created... User S-1-5-21-1425085310-3013576938-1997877388-1001 setting for allow app Facebook.Facebook_8xx8rvfyw5nnt access to microphone default...
  4. Facebook using S-1-5-21 to change microphone settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. unable to upload video on facebook page error " upload Failed"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to upload video on facebook page error " upload Failed": I used to upload video on a facebook page but suddenly it's stop working . when i try to upload video , it says upload failed " Network error Your video couldn't be uploaded due to an issue with your Internet connection. Please check your connection and try again." but i...
  6. Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites

Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites: After the most recent Edge update when I try to upload a photo to any site clicking the "browse" or "choose file" box brings up a list of location options instead of going directly to "photos" thumbnails. I am unable to upload a photo....
  7. Outlook Contacts - User 1, User 2 .... fields - what are they used for

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Contacts - User 1, User 2 .... fields - what are they used for: In Outlook Contacts > Miscellaneous : there are 4 'User fields' (User Field 1, 2, 3 and 4) Curious to know, what are they being used for ? Thanks. 150158
  8. Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments

Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I cannot post photos/images as a Facebook comment. I can upload them no problem if I start a new post in a group or on my timeline, but images will not upload in the comments section of any post. Was working fine 2 weeks ago....
  9. Compromised email and facebook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Compromised email and facebook: Recently I was asked how to find out if someone used your email and facebook account to send derogatory and threatening messages to people. Is it possible to discover and prove where those nastygrams were sent from and by whom (assuming it was not the email/facebook account...
  10. Facebook database holding 419 million user entries was posted online

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook database holding 419 million user entries was posted online: It seems it's quite hard to keep private data actually private, even for the almighty Facebook. A database with telephone numbers of possibly hundreds of millions of Facebook users was spotted online, totally unprotected. It is unknown who uploaded the database and why. The...