Windows 10: Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update

Discus and support Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the last Windows update Facebook will not load on either Chrome or Firefox, but loads on Edge. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WendyJoint, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update

Since the last Windows update Facebook will not load on either Chrome or Firefox, but loads on Edge. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both and cleared cookies to no avail. the loading either times out or comes up with an error message. If I didn't know better (!) would think it was a cunning ploy to edge out other browsers. Any suggestions?

:)

WendyJoint, Oct 13, 2018

2. Unable to load the Facebook page completely on Chrome and Firefox browsers on Windows 10.

Hello Janne,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you have trouble accessing the Facebook webpage on Chrome and Firefox browser, and similar issue persists on desktop and laptop but not on iPad or phone. The issue persists even after clearing the cache, uninstalling
    and re-installing the Chrome browser.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persists on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser?
    • Does the issue persists only on Facebook webpage?

You may be facing the above issue due to the browser components conflicting with the internet connection or the internet connection received on the computer on connecting to the webpage

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on logging in into the Facebook social webpage using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser. Also check if similar issue persists on logging in into other social accounts using Chrome or Firefox
    browser.

Step 1: If the issue persists on other social networking webpages also, run the
    Internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is fixed.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check the status after the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persists only on using Facebook webpage, I suggest you to get in touch with the Facebook support forum group for further assistance as you have already contacted them before.

http://www.facebook.com/help/community/

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Oct 14, 2018
  4. SkyAsma Win User

Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update

Chrome and Firefox do not work in Windows 10 after an update

Thanks for your response.

Here is what I faced and what I tried to resolve it.

• When did the issue start? : A week before I got an update on Windows 10, after the update I am no longer able to use Firefox/Chrome.

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred? : I did not make any changes but looked up for suggestions over here and ran Windows Update Troubleshooter. Nothing came in those runs.

• Have you tried updating your flash player? : No, I did not.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? : Answered above. The Troubleshooter did not resolve this issue. I have tried to reinstall both the browsers. Still nothing works.

SkyAsma, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update

1. Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Facebook load Chrome

2. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. facebook loads very slowly in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    facebook loads very slowly in chrome: facebook loads very slowly in chrome (Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)) in my account on my laptop works fine in new edge this only happens in my account i tried loading fb in my daughter account in chrome on same laptop works fine this only happens with fb...
  6. facebook loads very slowly in chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    facebook loads very slowly in chrome: facebook loads very slowly in chrome (Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)) in my account on my laptop works fine in new edge this only happens in my account i tried loading fb in my daughter account in chrome on same laptop works fine this only happens with fb...
  7. Since 7 to 10 update, neither Chrome or Firefox saves tabs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since 7 to 10 update, neither Chrome or Firefox saves tabs: several weeks ago I finally got around to updating windows 7 to windows 10. Since then, I've had a few frustrating issues: The first is that 10 refuses to give me an option to set Firefox as my default browser on my main primary account (which has admin permissions). It is...
  8. Since the last Win 10 update, Chrome not working, cannot be reinstalled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since the last Win 10 update, Chrome not working, cannot be reinstalled: Since the last Win 10 update, Chrome would not work. Edge was/is fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. Install keeps failing. Edge is not working well with video subscription services (NetFlix, Hulu, Amazon). Why can't I install Chrome? Is there a bug?...
  9. Videos not displaying properly in Facebook or Linkedin since last WIndows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos not displaying properly in Facebook or Linkedin since last WIndows Update: Hello ALL! Hadn't updated my computer in a couple of months. My computer updated for me last week - and now all videos in Facebook or Linkedin display "extra large" - they no longer display at correct size - its like Im playing them at 250%!! Anyone having this issue? Any...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538