Windows 10: Faced problem with locked automatically my computer.

Discus and support Faced problem with locked automatically my computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does my computer locked automatically after starting?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MariamIslam, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Faced problem with locked automatically my computer.

Why does my computer locked automatically after starting?

:)

MariamIslam, Dec 27, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

[Tip] Automatic Login to Windows and Instantly lock the computer.

Problem: You like to leave XYZ program running 24/7, but XYZ program only starts when you log into the computer(XYZ can be whatever program you want). So when automatic updates hit and auto-restart your computer, the XYZ program doesn't start back up. You could not put a password on your user account, so the computer automatically logs onto your user account when it reboots, but that is insecure, and if you have nosy roommates/children/super intelligent monkeys, if there is no password they might get on your computer and find your huge collection of por...legally obtained songs...
    Faced problem with locked automatically my computer. Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif

Solution: Set Windows to automatically log into a password protected user account, and then instantly lock the computer.*Rockout :rockout: Here's how:

• I'm going to assume you already have your user account password protected. If not, setup a password for your user account now...I'll wait...ok, moving on.
    • In the Run dialog type "control userpasswords2" without quotes. Then press OK.

Faced problem with locked automatically my computer. autologin1.png
    • In the User Accounts window uncheck the box for "Users must enter a password to use this computer." Press OK.

Faced problem with locked automatically my computer. autologin2.png
    • In the Automatically Log On window enter your username and password. Press OK.

Faced problem with locked automatically my computer. autologin3.png
    • Open Notepad and type "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkstation" without quotes.

Faced problem with locked automatically my computer. autologin4.png
    • Save the text document as lock.bat. Make sure you change Save as type: from *.txt to *.*!

Faced problem with locked automatically my computer. autologin5.png
    • Drag lock.bat into your Startup folder.

Faced problem with locked automatically my computer. autologin6.png
    That is it. Now when the computer is rebooted it will automatically log in to your account, load any programs you want started, and lock the computer so a password is still required to use it.*Toast :toast:

A few notes:
    • If you change the password for your user account, it will break the auto login. You will have to go back into control userpasswords2 and re-enter your login information.
    • This should work with any recent version of Windows, I've tested it back to at least XP. You shouldn't be using anything older than that anyway.
    • I've tested this with Win7 and Vista Home Premium and up. It should work on Home Basic and Starter as well, and it should work on XP Home, but I haven't tested this personally. The lower versions of Windows might not have the Control Userpasswords2 ability.
    • This works with Server versions of Windows also.

newtekie1, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 27, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Faced problem with locked automatically my computer.

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Faced problem with locked automatically my computer.

1. Faced problem with locked automatically my computer. - Similar Threads - Faced problem locked

2. problem being faced due to automatic Laptop update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem being faced due to automatic Laptop update: Hi!My laptop tries to update itself for the update 0x800f0922 KB5011543When I shut down it daily goes through the following steps"Getting Windows Ready Don't Turn Off Your computer"Then Downloads updatesAfter downloading updates it says "We Couldn't complete the updates...
  3. Facing problem using computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing problem using computer...: When i try to change the sata cable between hard disk and dvd writer my pc is running in my mistake. Then everytime when i try to open my pc then uefi shell command is displayed. I can't cancel this programme. I try to set up windows but i can't find boot menu. Startup.nsh...
  4. Facing problem using computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing problem using computer...: When i try to change the sata cable between hard disk and dvd writer my pc is running in my mistake. Then everytime when i try to open my pc then uefi shell command is displayed. I can't cancel this programme. I try to set up windows but i can't find boot menu. Startup.nsh...
  5. Why my computer is locking automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my computer is locking automatically: Hello everyone,I have a problem with my computer. It is locking when I unplug it from the socket even if the battery is full charged. It happens the 3 times I unplug it and it begins yesterday.When I press the power button on battery mode, it try to turn on but never more...
  6. Computer Locking itself Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Locking itself Automatically: HP EliteBook 745 G6 Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.928 keeps locking itself while charging and does not show any errors just a splash blue screen which appears for almost 3 seconds ,even if its idle or just typing MSword or doing other staff....
  7. face lock is not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    face lock is not working: give solutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-lock-is-not-working/1352d5ec-2691-4722-836b-3845a8c1fc99
  8. Computer keeps locking automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps locking automatically: My computer keeps locking up. Ill try to run something and a blue screen will pop saying "locking..." And it will completely shut down. How do i fix this?...
  9. Facing problem while unlock my laptop after unlock it automatically locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facing problem while unlock my laptop after unlock it automatically locked: While i unlock my laptop it automatically locked after unlock so am not able to access my computer. I am not able to understand what problem is going on my window 10 pro....
  10. Computer keeps locking automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps locking automatically: My computer keeps locking up. Ill try to run something and a blue screen will pop saying "locking..." And it will completely shut down. How do i fix this? ***Modified title from: my computer (dell, windows 10) keeps locking up, how do I fix it?***...