Windows 10: Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?

Discus and support Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently imported new photos into my photos application, and am just wondering why the app has not yet added the faces from the new photos under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ikefardy, Aug 25, 2018.

1. ikefardy Win User

Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?

I recently imported new photos into my photos application, and am just wondering why the app has not yet added the faces from the new photos under the people tab. Does it take a certain amount of time for the app to recognize faces in newley imported photos?

There are some new people but also many that there are already photos of that the program already knows/ recognizes.

:)

ikefardy, Aug 25, 2018

2. Photos App won't recognize my Windows Phone

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that the Photos app is not recognizing the Windows phone even though you can import the photos from the Windows phone through File explorer.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you tried to connect the Windows Phone to the other USB port and check to isolate the issue?

• Is this the first time you are facing this issue with the Photos app after installing Windows 10?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps to fix the issue.

Step 1:

As you are able to import the photos from your phone through the File explorer, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Make a folder called "testslide" (or whatever in File explorer)

• Put 3 or 4 images which you have imported from the Windows phone to File explorer into the
      testslide folder.

• Open Photos app, click on
      Setting
      (gear symbol) at the left bottom corner).

• Choose Add a folder under the Sources.

• Find this "testslide" folder and add the respective folder.

• Now check whether the Photos app is showing the photos from the selected folder.
    Note: Try to turn off the option
    Show my cloud only content from One Drive in the Photos app settings menu and check to isolate the issue.

If the issue persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to run the Windows apps troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run the troubleshooter.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Reference: I suggest you to refer to the section If your PC can’t find your device in the below article and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/import-photos-videos#troubleshooting

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Photo App unable to sync photos

Hi,

I realize that you face difficulty with photos app. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you are using same Microsoft account to login to the Windows photo app on both laptop and Desktop.

If not I suggest you to use same Microsoft account to log-in both laptop and desktop.

Then sign out of the photos app and restart the system. Then login again into Windows photo app and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the source location within the windows photo app. Please follow below steps to change the source location.

• Type photos in search bar and press enter.

• Then click on settings (gear icon) in photos app and under
      sources section add the path where photos are saved.
    Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with photos app.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?

1. Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized? - Similar Threads - Faces Photo App

2. Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app: I have windows 10 and recently I facing an issue with photos application. While opening jpeg file a thin light grey line showing the end of the photo. Suggest why this problem is there?...
  3. Face recognization is not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Face recognization is not working in windows 10: After windows 10 recent update face recognization is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-recognization-is-not-working-in-windows-10/898d7694-0424-4bf3-8967-d0afe5110958
  4. Front facing USB ports powered but not recognizing devices and devices not being recognized...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front facing USB ports powered but not recognizing devices and devices not being recognized...: So I have been having this issue for a few days and have not found a workable solution anywhere. 2 of my 4 front facing USB ports are non 3.0 ports, as of 2 days ago they stopped recognizing any device plugged into them the 2 3.0 ports work fine. I have gone to device...
  5. photos app not being downloaded in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app not being downloaded in windows 10: windows 10 photos app is not being downloaded. i have followed all the methods like 1) sfc\scannow 2)powershell get-appxpackage etc type of codes. 3)reset apps 4)made a cache folder in local folder and almost everything that i found on forums * * * * * but still...
  6. Windows Photos: Faces detected but not recognized

Windows Photos: Faces detected but not recognized: Hey there, this seems to be a Problem many have for several months. Windows Photos stops to recognize persons after about 200 photos and does never every continue. Looking into the database file reveals that there have been more than 100 000 faces detected, however there are...
  7. Face recognizer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Face recognizer: Do l need to hook up a web cam to get face recognizer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-recognizer/fed8b3a2-e9e9-4143-a0ab-f8374ca7fcd8
  8. Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems: Hello, I already posted my problem on the official Windows forums in April this year but MS staff are apparently not very keen on solving issues and helping their paying customers. They sent one standard response and did not respond further. Box ticked, next, I guess.....
  9. Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos: I use Microsoft.Photos to manage all my photos (about 20K files). When i first checked possibilities using this tool, i was suprised to see that thousands of good face detection for many persons had been done automatically. For exemple i got around 2300 detection concerning...
  10. Faces in Windows 10 Photos app not being detected.

Faces in Windows 10 Photos app not being detected.: Hello, Windows Photos app hasn't been detecting faces and I'm not very sure why. I checked settings to make sure "People" was on, I restarted the app and my PC, and I have waited about a month. This is really annoying and I would like to get People working again. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 photo app not recognizing faces

2. face not detected in windows photo

3. windows 10 photo app

4. do i need to refresh photos for face recognition to work in windows photo app,
  5. windows photos app faces,
  6. microsoft photos app not recognising faces,
  7. how can i help windows photo recognize faces,
  8. windows 10 photo viewer not finding people,
  9. windows photo not recognizing face,
  10. windows 10 photos app not finding faces,
  11. windows photo app not recognizing faces,
  12. people microsoft photos app not recognizing face,
  13. windows 10 photos app stopped recognizing faces,
  14. windows 10 photo app only detects faces in onedrive,
  15. windows 10 photos only recognizing a few faces