Windows 10: Facial recognition and PIN login Issues

Discus and support Facial recognition and PIN login Issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi again community,I posted about these issues a few days ago and got a response but after going through most of the suggested ideas my problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnthonyBrownUK, May 23, 2022.

1. Facial recognition and PIN login Issues

Hi again community,I posted about these issues a few days ago and got a response but after going through most of the suggested ideas my problems persist, I even took the drastic measure of 'Resetting' Windows, which lost me most of the apps on my laptop despite choosing the keep data etc option. Even that hasn't solved the issues.So my continuing issues are :-1. Prior to upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11, I used facial recognition to login to my laptop upon opening it, this would remove the lock screen and I could continue without the need to enter any further PIN or Password. This was still the

:)

AnthonyBrownUK, May 23, 2022

2. Facial recognition and pin not working for login

I have NO idea where to put this one, and I can't find anything online.

Dell Precision 7740. 5 months old. Dell has replaced the motherboard twice, second time MB and memory. It's working today, but the facial recognition and pin don't work. They haven't worked since the first MB replacement.

The technician that replaced the MB told me it wouldn't work 'til it was re-set up.

Login using password. Go to Accounts>Sign in options. It SAYS my pin is there. I have removed it and recreated it.
    Open Windows Hello face and hit set up. Opens and says "Get Started". Hit that. It pops up and requires my PIN. I enter it, it flashes and disappears...

At LOGIN, in the sign-in options is the Pin. When I select the Pin I get:
    Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options...

I've BEEN in the *&^%$#@ sign-in options over and over. It SAID my pin was set. I changed it. I rebooted. I still can't log in with the pin. I tried again to set the facial recognition. It has me enter the pin then closes.

What does changing the motherboard have to do with using a pin or facial recognition in the first place? And WHAT do I have to do to get this thing to accept the pin and use the Windows hello face?

GracieAllen, May 23, 2022
  3. Facial recognition and PIN issues

I have just downloaded the latest windows 10 update but now my facial recognition says I need a PIN to set it up, but once I've logged in with my password ( the only possible option to log in now) I go into account setting etc and am told my PIN is set up
    and working and facial recognition is set up!

Why the hell is this so hard?

Tell me how to make it work! Before I did the update, facial recognition worked fine but it always said my PIN was not working. Why won't they both work in conjunction?

Why have a spent £900 on a laptop that makes logging in a massive chore?

I cannot log in with facial recognition! Why not?

My PIN does not work!

I have to type my password in every time to log in.

Please can you sort this issue out because if there is ever a problem with my password how will I log in?

JohnRoof1969, May 23, 2022
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Facial recognition and PIN login Issues

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Facial recognition and PIN login Issues

1. Facial recognition and PIN login Issues - Similar Threads - Facial recognition PIN

2. Facial recognition and PIN login Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial recognition and PIN login Issues: Hi again community,I posted about these issues a few days ago and got a response but after going through most of the suggested ideas my problems persist, I even took the drastic measure of 'Resetting' Windows, which lost me most of the apps on my laptop despite choosing the...
  3. Facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial recognition: Up until a couple of weeks ago, the facial recognition on my Surface Pro 8 had been working flawlessly. It then started giving me the error message that it couldn't turn on my camera and that I needed to use my PIN. I have tried removing the device in device manager and...
  4. Facial recognition and pin not working for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Facial recognition and pin not working for login: I have NO idea where to put this one, and I can't find anything online. Dell Precision 7740. 5 months old. Dell has replaced the motherboard twice, second time MB and memory. It's working today, but the facial recognition and pin don't work. They haven't worked since the...
  5. Facial recognition and PIN issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial recognition and PIN issues: I have just downloaded the latest windows 10 update but now my facial recognition says I need a PIN to set it up, but once I've logged in with my password the only possible option to log in now I go into account setting etc and am told my PIN is set up and working and facial...
  6. Facial Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facial Recognition: Hi! Am I able to install facial recognition on my Samsung Galaxy book2? I have been trying to but the option does not show, only fingerprint and PIN. Thanks Cindy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition/0dbbf103-e0bf-448b-98d7-6bfa7cdf6c4e
  7. facial recognition

facial recognition: I am banned from viewing my photos because I am clicking DECLINE on the facial recognition. Unbelievable!!! How do I get past this? It gives you the option Accept or Decline. And when I click decline it refuses to move on....
  8. facial recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    facial recognition: Why is my facial recognition not working anymore? The error says "Something went wrong sign in using your pin " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition/a9d9fb3d-e5ae-49d2-8ad9-eae15139dc0d
  9. Facial Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Facial Recognition: Hello, I have used facial recognition ever since I got my surface pro 4 tablet a couple years ago. My father got me one of those covers for your camera. Sometimes, my tablet with unlock using the facial recognition when the camera is covered, and won't unlock when it isn't...
  10. Facial recognition

Facial recognition: Industry received my new dell Inspiron 7000 series. When I turned it on it wanted to load the fast access application, so I let it. It then asked me to reboot, so I did that too. I didn't set up the fast access face recognition before I rebooted and now the fast access screen...