Windows 10: Facial recognition failure in Photos

Discus and support Facial recognition failure in Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I posted the question below a few months ago and got some help but we never get it sorted. I have waited for the new Win 10 build but there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VicRussell, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Facial recognition failure in Photos

I posted the question below a few months ago and got some help but we never get it sorted. I have waited for the new Win 10 build but there is no difference. I have reset everything to do with the Photos app and also reinstalled it. Most strange! Has anyone had the same problem?

"I realised that facial recognition was not updating when I added new photos. I removed all the sources set for the system to look in and also switched off OneDrive. I rebooted the system and waited for the system to settle down. All the collections disappeared as expected although there were still a few items in the People tag. I then entered Pictures as a source and turned on OneDrive again. It looks like all my photos appeared again in Collections under various dates. I have I believe around 90000 jpg images so it is hard to be sure they have all been picked up. I soon got 11 groups under the People tag and the entries look reasonable but do not contain anywhere near the number of entries I would expect. I have left the PC on now for a few days and nothing has changed. New entries are appearing under the collections tag. After two days of the PC being on continuously only the same approx. 150 faces have been recognised. It would seem something is stalling."

:)

VicRussell, Jun 27, 2019

2. Windows Photo and facial recognition.

I'd like to reawaken this thread, as the original question was not answered.

I had read articles suggesting that the Photos app wouldgain facial recognition as part of the creators update, but now the update is arriving, this does not seem to be in the list of enhancements.

As a user still of MS Photo Gallery, I'm eagerly awaiting this function so that I can streamline the apps needed to manage/view my photos.

Don_Bidyre, Jun 27, 2019
  3. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Facial recognition failure in Photos

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Facial recognition failure in Photos

1. Facial recognition failure in Photos - Similar Threads - Facial recognition failure

2. Facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial recognition: Up until a couple of weeks ago, the facial recognition on my Surface Pro 8 had been working flawlessly. It then started giving me the error message that it couldn't turn on my camera and that I needed to use my PIN. I have tried removing the device in device manager and...
  3. Photos app facial recognition

Photos app facial recognition: Hi, when I activate facial grouping in the photos app on windows 10, does it do it locally or does it upload the photos to the cloud? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-facial-recognition/ef1bf8f7-7fe6-452e-8c37-650a9420c1c7
  4. Facial Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facial Recognition: Hi! Am I able to install facial recognition on my Samsung Galaxy book2? I have been trying to but the option does not show, only fingerprint and PIN. Thanks Cindy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition/0dbbf103-e0bf-448b-98d7-6bfa7cdf6c4e
  5. Photos and facial recognition

Photos and facial recognition: LIke a lot of people, facial recognition in Photos does not work for me. My 20,000 photos have thousands of faces recognised in Google. On my iphone the People tag in in the OneDrive app has thousands of people photos from the same database of photos. Photos from either my...
  6. Facial Recognition in Photos App

Facial Recognition in Photos App: In the Photos App within Microsoft 365 subscription, why do I have to Accept the facial recognition? I chose decline but it will not allow me to get to my photos. All I want is to get to my photos and right now the system won't allow it....
  7. Windows Photos Facial Recognition

Windows Photos Facial Recognition: I have been assigning names to faces recognized by facial recognition on Win10 Photos. In the process, I noted that the app made a couple of errors where, for example, it found 3 photos with a recognized face, but one of those three photos was actually someone else. How do...
  8. facial recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    facial recognition: Why is my facial recognition not working anymore? The error says "Something went wrong sign in using your pin " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition/a9d9fb3d-e5ae-49d2-8ad9-eae15139dc0d
  9. Photos - Facial Recognition Progress

Photos - Facial Recognition Progress: I have been investigating the facial recognition of the photos app. So far, so good, but I have no way of knowing when/if it is actively performing facial recognition and the progress of searching all my photos. 1) How do I know if the process is running? Do I have to...
  10. Facial recognition

Facial recognition: Industry received my new dell Inspiron 7000 series. When I turned it on it wanted to load the fast access application, so I let it. It then asked me to reboot, so I did that too. I didn't set up the fast access face recognition before I rebooted and now the fast access screen...