Windows 10: Facial recognition: It’s time for action

Discus and support Facial recognition: It’s time for action in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] In July, we shared our views about the need for government regulation and responsible industry measures to address advancing facial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:17 PM.

1. Brink Win User

Facial recognition: It’s time for action

Source: Facial recognition: It's time for action - Microsoft on the Issues

:)

2. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:20 PM
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

4. Kem Mon Win User

facial recognition

Hi Dawn,

Based on the details you have provided, you can follow these steps to set a new scan for facial recognition:

• On the
      Start
      button, go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

• Under
      Windows Hello, choose
      camera setup option.

• Select
      Remove
      to delete or remove the previous facial recognition setup.

• To setup a new facial recognition setup, go to
      Set Up > Get Started.

• Follow the instructions to scan your face and click
      Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Thema:

1. Facial recognition: It’s time for action - Similar Threads - Facial recognition It’s

2. facial recognition to sign into surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    facial recognition to sign into surface: I reset my OS back to the current one after the October Updates., I installed the device not in a corporate group My facial recognition is no longer working says that their are not devices to do this. How can I get the facial recognition to work again,. It is like the...
  3. Facial recognition stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facial recognition stopped working: I set facial recognition on my laptop but this feature stopped working. The infrared light next to the camera also stops to turn on. I tried to fix the issue using My camera app but it doesn’t work either and the camera window is just a black screen. I think the drivers are...
  4. Problem with facial recognition

Problem with facial recognition: Who can help me? I have a sign-in problem. I can’t use facial recognition feature because it doesn’t work. When I try to log in using this feature, the system sends me to enter the Pin password and then fails. The workaround that I managed to find is to cover the camera and...
  5. Wrong Facial Recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Facial Recognition: I have baby pics of my son. I have a new niece that has come into the family and the photos app is recognizing her face to be the same as my son's. How do you tell the app, this face is not who you think it is?...
  6. Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition: Hi, I am considering develop an security software so that a user can use facial recognition to login in. To my knowledge, it would be a Windows Hello solution(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-hello). However, I was wondering: 1. Can we use common...
  7. Windows Hello, facial recognition issue

Windows Hello, facial recognition issue: I have an issue related to the Windows Hello signing in. It says "Couldn't access the camera". I tried removing and reinstalling this feature but the pop-up keeps coming up. I use Lenovo IdeaPad 500 with Windows 10 installed. I know for sure that my camera, drivers, and...
  8. Microsoft improves facial recognition ability to recognize gender

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft improves facial recognition ability to recognize gender: Microsoft announced Tuesday that it has updated its facial recognition technology with significant improvements in the system’s ability to recognize gender across skin tones. That improvement addresses recent concerns that commercially available facial recognition...
  9. Photos - Facial Recognition Progress

Photos - Facial Recognition Progress: I have been investigating the facial recognition of the photos app. So far, so good, but I have no way of knowing when/if it is actively performing facial recognition and the progress of searching all my photos. 1) How do I know if the process is running? Do I have to...
  10. Facial recognition

Facial recognition: Industry received my new dell Inspiron 7000 series. When I turned it on it wanted to load the fast access application, so I let it. It then asked me to reboot, so I did that too. I didn't set up the fast access face recognition before I rebooted and now the fast access screen...