Windows 10: Facial recognition randomly doesn't work, but I can't logon with password either

Discus and support Facial recognition randomly doesn't work, but I can't logon with password either in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809. I have facial recognition enabled and 95% of the time it works perfectly. However, 5% of the time it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MajMills, Nov 12, 2019.

1. MajMills Win User

Facial recognition randomly doesn't work, but I can't logon with password either

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809. I have facial recognition enabled and 95% of the time it works perfectly.

However, 5% of the time it doesn't recognize me for some reason and gives me the message of "couldn't recognize you". It also doesn't even give me the option to enter a PIN or password - the screen just sits on the "couldn't recognize you" screen.

Is there some series of keys I can press to be able to bypass that message and logon with my password or PIN? My only resolution is to restart which is a pain in the ......

:)

MajMills, Nov 12, 2019

2. Facial Recognition not working for windows 10, version 1709

Hi Paul,

There are a lot of factors why facial recognition is not working after an update. One factor is due to
    conflicting Group Policy setting. To help you resolve the issue, refer to this
    article and follow the instructions given.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 12, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Facial recognition randomly doesn't work, but I can't logon with password either

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Facial recognition randomly doesn't work, but I can't logon with password either [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Facial recognition randomly doesn't work, but I can't logon with password either - Similar Threads - Facial recognition randomly

2. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22631.2715 on a Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition. I go to Settings...Accounts...Sign-in options...Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello. I click that and get a "Set up" button....
  3. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22631.2715 on a Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition. I go to Settings...Accounts...Sign-in options...Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello. I click that and get a "Set up" button....
  4. Facial recognition not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial recognition not working: Recently my Surface computer stopped being able to open via facial recognition; it said it couldn't see the camera or words to that effect thankfully the camera does work to take pictures. I don't mind using a pin to log in, but I'm concerned this might be a sign of a worse...
  5. Facial Recognition not working!?

Facial Recognition not working!?: I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 7500 2n1 Silver and when I try and use windows hello face. It says "we could not find a camera compatible with hello face" I have no clue why this is happening and im pretty sure i am meant to have facial recognition....
  6. Facial recognition not working

Facial recognition not working: Facial recognition in my laptop is not working. It is asking me for a pin or a password and I have never used a pin or a password. Please help how can i access my laptop?...
  7. Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facial Recognition not working: Unable to use this feature, says camera not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-not-working/9fdd9bec-2afb-45d7-8d3b-322ec5cef4dc
  8. Facial Recognition Not Working

Facial Recognition Not Working: I have a Alienware 17 laptop that I have been using. Earlier upon use the facial recognition had been working perfectly. However, recently my facial recogniton has stopped working and says that it cannot turn on my camera. I thought maybe my camera might be broken, however,...
  9. Facial recognition stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facial recognition stopped working: I set facial recognition on my laptop but this feature stopped working. The infrared light next to the camera also stops to turn on. I tried to fix the issue using My camera app but it doesn’t work either and the camera window is just a black screen. I think the drivers are...
  10. Facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial recognition: Industry received my new dell Inspiron 7000 series. When I turned it on it wanted to load the fast access application, so I let it. It then asked me to reboot, so I did that too. I didn't set up the fast access face recognition before I rebooted and now the fast access screen...