Windows 10: Facial recognition will not work on my Surface Pro 6.

Discus and support Facial recognition will not work on my Surface Pro 6. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Facial recognition will not work on my Surface Pro 6. It worked fine for a few months, but it no longer works at all. I tried the Improve... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MarkBatog, Mar 1, 2019.

1. MarkBatog Win User

Facial recognition will not work on my Surface Pro 6.

Facial recognition will not work on my Surface Pro 6. It worked fine for a few months, but it no longer works at all. I tried the Improve Recognition, and sat in front of the camera for at least 10 minutes and there would be a progress bar once and a while but it never got past about 1/3 the way. I was at a good distance, lighting was fine but it would never complete. I then removed the old facial recognition and started fresh. The same thing happened, it would not complete. I tried it with and without glasses, but I do wear glasses consistently., so would prefer glasses included. Is there something known to have changed, or a setting to adjust to make this work again? Tips or tricks??????

:)

MarkBatog, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Facial Recognition problem on Surface Pro 4

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install any pending updates available and check for the status.

Also, suggest you to reset the Facial recognition by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and locate Windows Hello.
    • Select the infrared IR camera option.
    • A “Welcome to Windows Hello” box will pop up. Press the “Get Started” button.
    • Set up a PIN code if prompted to do so. If you already have one, this step will be skipped.
    • Scan your face by following the on-screen instructions. For best results, hold your face six-to-eight inches away from the front of your Surface.
    • Select “Finish” to complete scanning or choose “Improve Recognition” to continue scanning.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2019
  4. JC6831 Win User

Surface Pro 4 Facial Recognition

Getting notice of password expiring in three days. Fine but forgot my password. Do I still need one if using Surface Pro 4 Facial Recognition?

JC6831, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Facial recognition will not work on my Surface Pro 6. - Similar Threads - Facial recognition Surface

2. Facial recognition not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial recognition not working: Recently my Surface computer stopped being able to open via facial recognition; it said it couldn't see the camera or words to that effect thankfully the camera does work to take pictures. I don't mind using a pin to log in, but I'm concerned this might be a sign of a worse...
  3. FACIAL RECOGNITION DOESN¨T WORK: SURFACE 6

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FACIAL RECOGNITION DOESN¨T WORK: SURFACE 6: I have a Surface 6 with Windows 10. I used the facial recognition login option since the beggining. But now, it suddenly stops working. It says "we could not find a camera compatible with hello face" Any idea?...
  4. Facial Recognition not working!?

Facial Recognition not working!?: I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 7500 2n1 Silver and when I try and use windows hello face. It says "we could not find a camera compatible with hello face" I have no clue why this is happening and im pretty sure i am meant to have facial recognition....
  5. Facial Recognition not working on Surface Laptop 2

Facial Recognition not working on Surface Laptop 2: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...
  6. Facial recognition not working

Facial recognition not working: Facial recognition in my laptop is not working. It is asking me for a pin or a password and I have never used a pin or a password. Please help how can i access my laptop?...
  7. Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facial Recognition not working: Unable to use this feature, says camera not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-not-working/9fdd9bec-2afb-45d7-8d3b-322ec5cef4dc
  8. Facial Recognition Not Working

Facial Recognition Not Working: I have a Alienware 17 laptop that I have been using. Earlier upon use the facial recognition had been working perfectly. However, recently my facial recogniton has stopped working and says that it cannot turn on my camera. I thought maybe my camera might be broken, however,...
  9. facial recognition to sign into surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    facial recognition to sign into surface: I reset my OS back to the current one after the October Updates., I installed the device not in a corporate group My facial recognition is no longer working says that their are not devices to do this. How can I get the facial recognition to work again,. It is like the...
  10. Facial recognition stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facial recognition stopped working: I set facial recognition on my laptop but this feature stopped working. The infrared light next to the camera also stops to turn on. I tried to fix the issue using My camera app but it doesn’t work either and the camera window is just a black screen. I think the drivers are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro facial recognition not working

2. surface pro 6 facial recognition

3. turn on face recognition surface pro 6

4. surface pro face recognition not working,
  5. facial recognition on surface pro 6 reset,
  6. Surface Pro 6 facial recognition not working ,
  7. surface pro 6 facial recogntion sign in not working,
  8. facial recognition login for windows 10 on surface pro 6,
  9. surface pro facial recognition reset,
  10. facial recognition not working on surface rpo,
  11. facial recognition not working with 1903,