Windows 10: Facing Blue Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU

Discus and support Facing Blue Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I've Dell Precision M6600 i7 2720QM with a genuine Windows 10 installed. I'm forced to use it on Integrated graphics. Whenever I try to use Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HasnainShafeeq7, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Facing Blue Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU

Hi,I've Dell Precision M6600 i7 2720QM with a genuine Windows 10 installed. I'm forced to use it on Integrated graphics. Whenever I try to use Nvidia Graphic Card, I'm getting a blue screen with the error code "video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error"...My windows version is 20H2.I recently installed graphics driver because of the error I've disabled that Nvidia from device manager.Thanks a lot.

:)

HasnainShafeeq7, Sep 7, 2021

2. Facing Blue Screen Error

I am facing Blue Screen Errors such as VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR as well as DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I tried to fix it by driver update (before update I uninstalled the previous drivers), but it doesn't work. I am still facing such error frequently.
    Please tell me how to fix it exactly.

ItsSonicMario, Sep 7, 2021
  3. 汪韬 Win User
    Scan for hardware changes causes blue screen error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Original title: scan for hardware changes causes crash

When I go to My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Anyone.Scan for hardware changes, it would go to the blue screen with a sad face saying "your computer encounters some problem, needs restarting".

The error code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.

汪韬, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Facing Blue Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU

Scan for hardware changes causes blue screen error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you to fix the Blue Screen error.

The bug check VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR indicates that the Microsoft DirectX graphics kernel subsystem has detected a violation.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

Method 1:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest graphics driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article which will help to fix common Blue Screen errors. Check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Facing Blue Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU

1. Facing Blue Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU - Similar Threads - Facing Blue Screen

2. I am getting video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error blue screen error when ever NVIDIA gpu is used by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error blue screen error when ever NVIDIA gpu is used by...: Acer Aspire 7 A715-76GProcessor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-12450H 2.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor GPU NVIDIA RTX 3050...
  3. I am getting video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error blue screen error when ever NVIDIA gpu is used by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error blue screen error when ever NVIDIA gpu is used by...: Acer Aspire 7 A715-76GProcessor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-12450H 2.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor GPU NVIDIA RTX 3050...
  4. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  5. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  6. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hello! One of our employees ran into a blue screen with stop code: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.I asked them to send me their mini-dump files in order to diagnose the issue. Thank you for your help. Dell / XPS 15 9560 MFG YR 2017Minidump.zipRegards, Luis Orozco....
  7. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hello! One of our employees ran into a blue screen with stop code: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.I asked them to send me their mini-dump files in order to diagnose the issue. Thank you for your help. Dell / XPS 15 9560 MFG YR 2017Minidump.zipRegards, Luis Orozco....
  8. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Facing Death Of Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facing Death Of Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU: Hi,I've Dell Precision M6600 i7 2720QM with a genuine Windows 10 installed. I'm forced to use it on Integrated graphics. Whenever I try to use Nvidia Graphic Card, I'm getting a blue screen with the error code "video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error"...My windows version is 20H2.I...
  10. Blue Screen When Plugging in HDMI - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen When Plugging in HDMI - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error: Attachment 93322 Hey guys, I have a Gigabyte laptop P25 upgraded to Windows 10. (GTX 770M) I have a problem only after upgraded to Windows 10. When I go to plug in a display through the HDMI port, the screen flashes for a bit, then the blue screen:...