Windows 10: Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why Symantec Endpoint protection was spiking up while enter any value by using onscreen keyboard on the text field, and also we are writing logs for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Desktopdeveloper, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse

Why Symantec Endpoint protection was spiking up while enter any value by using onscreen keyboard on the text field, and also we are writing logs for each touch and character received from onscreen keyboard. If we clear my Xamarin UWP app data, the issue was quite suppressed for nearly an hour after that the same input lag was appeared again. after reset or clear the app data will throw any input lag issue for an hour and it continues. Why the app was working good after reset or clearing the app data for some time. And most of the I got the issue if the app data is in double digit in MBs. After

:)

Desktopdeveloper, Dec 1, 2023

2. Windows 10 mouses response lag after keyboard input

I have a reproducible issue for my Windows 10 machine. When I switch focus from using keyboard input to using mouse input, the mouse's response is delayed for 1 to 2 seconds.

I've searched online for official Microsoft mouse driver updates, but have been unable to find an update.

When I open Settings > Mouse & touchpad > Hardware > Properties > Driver, the "Update Driver..." is disabled. The only enabled button is "Driver Details".

Driver info:

HID-compliant mouse

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Date: 6/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Keyboard: Microsoft "Nautral Ergonomic Keyboard 4000" Wired

Mouse: Microsoft Model 1383 USB & Microsoft Model 1569

(Additonal mouse tested w/ behavior)

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse :)

DavidKnise, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse

Windows 10 mouses response lag after keyboard input

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today.

This issue seems to be due to the incompatible drivers on the computer. I would suggest you to uninstall existing Drivers and then reinstall the latest Windows 10 compatible Drivers for your computer model from the Manufacturer website. Please follow
    these

Steps:

Method: 1

• Press “Windows key + W” and type “troubleshooting”.
    • Select “Troubleshooting”.
    • Select “View all” on the top left corner.
    • ClickHardware & devices.
    • Select Keyboard & mouse.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method: 2

Uninstall the Device Drivers:

Visit manufacturer's website and install updates for drivers.

Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select
    Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

Check if Windows 10 detects the device and installs an appropriate driver automatically. If the issue still persists, then try the next step.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse

1. Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Facing Input Lag

2. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  4. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...
  5. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...
  6. Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse

Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse: Why Symantec Endpoint protection was spiking up while enter any value by using onscreen keyboard on the text field, and also we are writing logs for each touch and character received from onscreen keyboard. If we clear my Xamarin UWP app data, the issue was quite suppressed...
  7. Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing Input Lag issue on Windows 10 getting delayed response from keyboard and mouse: Why Symantec Endpoint protection was spiking up while enter any value by using onscreen keyboard on the text field, and also we are writing logs for each touch and character received from onscreen keyboard. If we clear my Xamarin UWP app data, the issue was quite suppressed...
  8. Delayed keyboard and mouse response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delayed keyboard and mouse response: I have an Acer Aspire V5 that was donated to me from a friend, The laptop came with Windows 8, but has been updated to windows 10. Since it has been in my possession it has had a 3-4sometimes up to 10 second delay when using keyboard or mouse. I have used troubleshoot for...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...