Windows 10: Facing issue booting to windows OS

Discus and support Facing issue booting to windows OS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am recently facing an issue where when powering on, the system is going to automatic repair and then diagnosing issue and finally to a screen where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sb_armed_warrior, May 21, 2024.

1. Facing issue booting to windows OS

I am recently facing an issue where when powering on, the system is going to automatic repair and then diagnosing issue and finally to a screen where there are multiple options. One blocker for me is, I forgot my administrator password. Hence when I am trying different troubleshooting methods, it is asking to choose the account first and once chosen, to enter the password which I forgot. I connected my microsoft account, and tried resetting the password from a different device, but still when entering the password, it is showing incorrect password. I can't even reset my pc or use cmd or even u

:)

sb_armed_warrior, May 21, 2024

2. How do I change the OS?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check in the system configuration if the OS is detected.

Follow the steps to check.

• Type in the search bar “System configuration”.
    • Click on the boot option.

Check if the OS is detected in the boot option.

Please provide us with the above information to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 21, 2024
  3. little cat, May 21, 2024
  4. Facing issue booting to windows OS

Facing issue while booting the computer

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the model of the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application on the computer?

• Are you able to see the Windows logo when try to boot the computer?
    This issue may arise due to the corruptions in Windows components. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

If you see the Windows logo, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and perform a startup repair.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 from the below link and create media
    creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings
    and more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically. Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option
      key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

6. Click Repair your computer in the lower
      left corner

7. Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option
      and then click Startup repair.
    Hope the information provided helps in resolving the issue. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Facing issue booting to windows OS

1. Facing issue booting to windows OS - Similar Threads - Facing issue booting

2. Facing issue booting to windows OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing issue booting to windows OS: I am recently facing an issue where when powering on, the system is going to automatic repair and then diagnosing issue and finally to a screen where there are multiple options. One blocker for me is, I forgot my administrator password. Hence when I am trying different...
  3. Facing issue booting to windows OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing issue booting to windows OS: I am recently facing an issue where when powering on, the system is going to automatic repair and then diagnosing issue and finally to a screen where there are multiple options. One blocker for me is, I forgot my administrator password. Hence when I am trying different...
  4. Drive, Boot, & OS Install Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drive, Boot, & OS Install Issues: Just bought my daughter a new laptop (Acer 5 Aspire). I've already exited S mode and now would like to take the 256GB SSD from her old HP laptop and install it in the Aspire as the boot drive instead of the installed 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD which I'll leave in place. The current...
  5. facing issue with the bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    facing issue with the bluetooth: Hi, after pairing with bluetooth to my samsung smart phone it automatically gets disconnected without giving any warning message. When checked in the drives of the bluetooth i found this error message in to the drivers properties "Device USB\VID_0BDA&PID_B00B\00e04c000001...
  6. Windows Hello Face issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello Face issue: MSI GS66 Stealth Hoping someone can help me out here. I'm sure there's an easy fix. Hello has always worked well for me, until today. I opened up the Store to check for updates and saw there was 4 updates pending. I don't remember the exact names, but it was something...
  7. Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup not working: Hey all, I bought a new Surface Laptop 3 over Christmas Intel i7 processor, and for the first week the face ID worked perfectly. A few days ago on startup it began showing an error message 'Couldn't open the camera' and skipping straight to entering my PIN to log in. I have...
  8. After window update facing issues in dual boot operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After window update facing issues in dual boot operating system: [IMG]issue show in figure and seen from a long time within 30 min https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-window-update-facing-issues-in-dual-boot/7900ad8a-fe35-4055-8a39-593a1bcdb2f9
  9. Multi OS boot screen issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multi OS boot screen issue: Hi, I have 3 OS on 1 Disk Drive (3partitions), 2x w8.1pro 64bit (not activated) & w10pro 64bit (activated). normally ok but the boot screen did not show & the pc booted into the latest installation, w10. I fixed this by changing setting the default in System Configuration &...
  10. Facing issues with Internet....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facing issues with Internet....: Hi! I recently install windows 10 Education 64-Bit. In start everything was good. Now i am facing issues with internet. Windows lost access to internet after 2-4 minutes and i need to disconnect it from tray icon and then reconnect it, after doing this it starts browsing...