Windows 10: facing issue in app and browser controls setting

Discus and support facing issue in app and browser controls setting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i am getting why i am receiving the notification of potentially unwanted app found in my window security... please help to solve my problem.... even... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SanchitArora0099, Sep 4, 2020.

1. facing issue in app and browser controls setting

i am getting why i am receiving the notification of potentially unwanted app found in my window security... please help to solve my problem....

even UTORRENT app was creating problem so i delete that app but still i am getting that problem

also told me how to remove threats.

:)

SanchitArora0099, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 4, 2020
  4. facing issue in app and browser controls setting

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

facing issue in app and browser controls setting

1. facing issue in app and browser controls setting - Similar Threads - facing issue app

2. How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?: When I click on 'App & Browser control' setting in Windows Security setting, it opens as a black screen with windows security symbol on the task bar and the black screen stays for few seconds and then disappears...
  3. App & Browser Control notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App & Browser Control notification: So i noticed W10 is telling i should enable the App & Browser control feature in Windows Security. I didn't turn it ON yet since i needed to install Kaspersky which i prefer to use. Should i turn ON the App & Browser control feature ? I don't want it to conflict with...
  4. Apps & Browser control is hidden.

Apps & Browser control is hidden.: Hi, i am unable to open this as its hidden.Tried hard but still the situation is same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-browser-control-is-hidden/4522c3fb-e916-4b3c-9d40-56062f8bddb1
  5. App and Browser Control

App and Browser Control: Howdy! So in the middle of the day, I noticed that my App & Browser control setting was turned off, I don't remember turning it off ever, and I would never turn it off over any situation, I did download a file recently, but my Antivirus told me that the file was ok. my...
  6. App and Browser Control

App and Browser Control: Dear support, I have a question about the Check apps and files setting inside Apps and Browser Control. It's default is on "warn". But my question is, is it better to set it to"block" or keep it on warn? I am asking this, because for example the ransomware and core...
  7. App & Browser Control

App & Browser Control: Wonder if anyone has noticed that occasionally, the App & Browser Control is turned off, especially after updating builds. This is happening in my public versions 19041.388 and most Insider builds. Since the icon on the taskbar is hidden by default, its not noticed...
  8. App and browser control

App and browser control: Some apps stored, not installed, are shown as threats in App and browser control., example pw102-free.exe. It showed various other programs also. I have removed all of them. Still after removing them also it shows as shown below as if still files are existing. What to do?....
  9. App and Browser Control?

App and Browser Control?: I would just like to know what is the difference between Warn and Block? Would selecting Block prevent users bypassing the warning prompts for users? If yes, then since I am the only one using my own laptop and no one else, would it be fine to just leave it as Warn which is...
  10. App & Browser Control Settings

App & Browser Control Settings: When you select Block in these settings are you blocking that setting from working or turning it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/app-browser-control-settings/8ffb12e9-ce36-4eb0-a209-ac22eb4bcf1b