Windows 10: Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar

Discus and support Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi All, we installed the latest version of windows in few client computers and facing issue while typing in win 10 search bar. Windows version:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hashim Basheer, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar

Hi All,

we installed the latest version of windows in few client computers and facing issue while typing in win 10 search bar.

Windows version: 20H2 Os build 19042.685

Troubleshoot done from our side: ctfmon.exe/restarting the windows explorer and time being fixing the issue.

what is the permanent solution to avoid this?

Thanks

:)

Hashim Basheer, Dec 17, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Dec 17, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar

1. Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar - Similar Threads - Facing issue typing

2. Win 10 Search bar's text automatically renaming from "Type here to search" to just "Search"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Search bar's text automatically renaming from "Type here to search" to just "Search": Hi. I have recently been facing this problem with my copy of Windows 10 21H2, the search bar's example text used to be "Type here to search" but then it suddenly got renamed to just "Search". I tried renaming it back to 'Type here to search' using the registry settings and...
  3. Win 10 Search bar's text automatically renaming from "Type here to search" to just "Search"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Search bar's text automatically renaming from "Type here to search" to just "Search": Hi. I have recently been facing this problem with my copy of Windows 10 21H2, the search bar's example text used to be "Type here to search" but then it suddenly got renamed to just "Search". I tried renaming it back to 'Type here to search' using the registry settings and...
  4. typing issue in search bar

in Cortana
    typing issue in search bar: I cant type in the search bar of Windows 10. I have tried different keyboard and to the fact that I can type in the browser so it is not keyboard problem. Only in search bar I having problem...
  5. typing issue in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing issue in search bar: I cant type in the search bar of Windows 10. I have tried different keyboard and to the fact that I can type in the browser so it is not keyboard problem. Only in search bar I having problem...
  6. typing issue in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  8. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...
  9. Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working

in Cortana
    Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working: I can type a query into the search bar, and it gives me options to click on. Regardless of what I click on a large search window appears briefly then closes. Ideas?...
  10. Searching for file types in WIN 10

in Cortana
    Searching for file types in WIN 10: Win XP had 'search for photos, images' or 'search documents' options in search dialogue. No such options in Win 10? how to search for a type of files in Win 10?...