Windows 10: Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app

Discus and support Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and recently I facing an issue with photos application. While opening jpeg file a thin light grey line showing the end of the photo.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AnkitaSaini1, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app

I have windows 10 and recently I facing an issue with photos application. While opening jpeg file a thin light grey line showing the end of the photo. Suggest why this problem is there?

:)

AnkitaSaini1, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Ank59 Win User

Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

Hello,

I already posted my problem on the official Windows forums in April this year but MS staff are apparently not very keen on solving issues and helping their paying customers. They sent one standard response and did not respond further. Box ticked, next, I guess..

Hopefully someone on this forum has any suggestions. Since I posted the below, I have done more reinstalls of the Photo app, did a reset of the 'people' app, renamed the photo folder and had the photos app rescan it, and had the computer on for days without even looking at it, but the problem persists..

Original message:

I recently switched to Windows 10. Clean install on a formatted disk. Everything is working perfectly but the photos app:

I pointed the photos app at my photo directory with approximately 20-30K pictures. All of these have been indexed and are visible in the 'collection' tab and the app created all kinds of albums. The face recognition functionality however is problematic as the app only detects 21 faces (interestingly almost the same group each time I tried) while there must be hundreds and it for example detects only 200 and 50 photos respectively from my kids while there should be thousands for each of them.

I tried all kinds of fixes for other issues people are having with the photos app, including:

- stop, restore and reset from the settings - apps - photos menu.

- completely removing the app with the powershell command and reinstalling a fresh copy from the windows app store.

- deleting the MediaDb.v1.sqlite file from the C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and restart the app in order to have it rebuild the index / dbase and completely deleting the content of this folder.

Since the last reinstall my computer has been running non-stop (with energy saving for the hdds switched off in case this would make a difference) for almost three days but the number of faces for a limited amount of persons is the same as after the initial couple of hours and the MediaDb.v1.sqlite file seems to no longer increase in size, so I get the impression that the face recognition process is simply stuck. Initially this happened when it reached appr 20 faces and at that stage the MediaDb.v1.sqlite file is approximately 400MB. My latest two attempt led to only 4 faces with 163, 23, 8 and 2 photos respectively and again a MediaDb.v1.sqlite of almost 400MB.

Many thanks

Ank59, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

I have had the same problems as you for a very long time, though I did not reinstall my computer. I have been surprised also that reinstalling the app didn't solve the problems at all, and the same faces seems to be recognized. Though - it seems I have found a solution. The only difference this time is that I chose to uninstall/reset the "People" app, at the time of resetting the Photos app . This seems to be required for the face recognition to work within Photos app, and I believe that the actual "face data", or at least some important component, might be stored in the People app, and not the Photos.
    Let me know if this works! Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app :)

kjetilbmoe, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the face recognition in Microsoft Photos app is not working properly after resetting the app. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get a better clarity on the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Which version of Photos app is installed on the computer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?

The Photos app recognizes the faces from the contacts saved in the People app. If the Photos app is unable to recognize the faces in the photos then, I suggest you to try resetting the People app and see if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Press and hold Windows key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Scroll down and look for
      People
      app, click on it and click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Reset to reset the application.
    Note: Resetting the app will reset it to default settings. You will have to re-add the account to People app after resetting it.

If resetting the app didn’t fix the issue, I suggest you to manually add the contacts in People app whose face is not getting detected in the Photos app. You can refer the section
    Add contacts from the article
    People app help

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app

1. Facing issue in windows 10 with photos app - Similar Threads - Facing issue photos

2. Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app: [ATTACH]The exclusive Photos App on Microsoft’s latest operating system Windows 10 is the default photo-sharing application that allows users to conveniently view all your stored […] This article Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app first appeared...
  3. Facing issues in Windows App Installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Facing issues in Windows App Installation: Hello All, We are facing challenges with Windows App Installation. Able to install same build when published to Windows App Store. The app is getting installed on few windows surface pro devices, but getting failed to install on few surface pro devices, with below...
  4. Windows 10 Photo App issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Photo App issue: I encountered an issue with Windows 10 Photo App because I am unable to move the pictures in the location I want. I prefer them to be grouped according to the place where they where taken rather than the time they were added to the Photo App. But when I click and drag a photo...
  5. Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems: Hello, I already posted my problem on the official Windows forums in April this year but MS staff are apparently not very keen on solving issues and helping their paying customers. They sent one standard response and did not respond further. Box ticked, next, I guess.....
  6. Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos: I use Microsoft.Photos to manage all my photos (about 20K files). When i first checked possibilities using this tool, i was suprised to see that thousands of good face detection for many persons had been done automatically. For exemple i got around 2300 detection concerning...
  7. Faces in Windows 10 Photos app not being detected.

Faces in Windows 10 Photos app not being detected.: Hello, Windows Photos app hasn't been detecting faces and I'm not very sure why. I checked settings to make sure "People" was on, I restarted the app and my PC, and I have waited about a month. This is really annoying and I would like to get People working again. Please...
  8. facing apps installing issue

facing apps installing issue: Hi sir....I'm facing a problem with my windows phone store while I tried to download Uc browser and true caller apps from store in the end it's shows Attention required,try again while Installing....& shows a Msg(May be this error code help you 80073cf)....i tried everything...
  9. Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?

Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?: I recently imported new photos into my photos application, and am just wondering why the app has not yet added the faces from the new photos under the people tab. Does it take a certain amount of time for the app to recognize faces in newley imported photos? There are some...
  10. Windows 10 Photos App Issues.......

Windows 10 Photos App Issues.......: I know this may get moved but since it is part of Windows 10 thought I would start here. I have found hundreds of posts on many different places on the web about Win10 Photos app not showing pictures in folders and since I had not asked here I figured I would see if anyone...