Windows 10: Facing issue with Windows Hello feature

Discus and support Facing issue with Windows Hello feature in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I get Windows Hello to work and it works for a few days, and then stops working. I get various errors like "Couldn't turn on the Camera". I go to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RickPlonka, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Facing issue with Windows Hello feature

I get Windows Hello to work and it works for a few days, and then stops working. I get various errors like "Couldn't turn on the Camera". I go to Settings and do a remove of the facial recognition, and try to re-add it. I never get the Pin logon screen to show. Help.

*** Modified tittle from: Windows Hello***

:)

RickPlonka, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Facing issue with Windows Hello feature [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Facing issue with Windows Hello feature

Windows "Hello" face recognition.

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you are facing this issue. We would like to ask you a few questions so we can provide a better assistance:

• Did you encounter any error messages while trying to sign in to Windows Hello? If yes, please send us a screenshot of the exact error.
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes on your PC prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Facing issue with Windows Hello feature

1. Facing issue with Windows Hello feature - Similar Threads - Facing issue Hello

2. Is "Windows Hello Face" and "Facial Recognition Windows Hello the Same Feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is "Windows Hello Face" and "Facial Recognition Windows Hello the Same Feature?: marking this under Windows 11 but it's sort of a Win10 question as well. I'm trying to help my mother sort out her computer's applications and I've been comparing them to what I have on my own system. I have a Windows 10 PC and she has a Windows 11 laptop for contextin...
  3. Is "Windows Hello Face" and "Facial Recognition Windows Hello the Same Feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is "Windows Hello Face" and "Facial Recognition Windows Hello the Same Feature?: marking this under Windows 11 but it's sort of a Win10 question as well. I'm trying to help my mother sort out her computer's applications and I've been comparing them to what I have on my own system. I have a Windows 10 PC and she has a Windows 11 laptop for contextin...
  4. Window Hello Face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window Hello Face: Hi My Name is SamuelI have a problem with my Window Hello Face I'm in Lenovo 81HN laptop, buyed in 2019How can i turn it on?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-hello-face/c105c886-6bb8-4999-953e-ff21bc924a98
  5. Windows Hello face feature not working ,please help

Windows Hello face feature not working ,please help: This is what it says when I try to run it on : [ATTACH] I have a camera connected to my pc. Please tell me what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-feature-not-working-please-help/d4ad7ac3-b26b-4335-8bb4-397f24326547
  6. Windows Sign in Windows Hello Face issue

Windows Sign in Windows Hello Face issue: When i buy my pc i don't even lock my pc but after some days when i lock with the password i have seen that there is a Windows Hello Face option but it shows this message however i update it but it doesnt effect please help .[ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Hello Face issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello Face issue: MSI GS66 Stealth Hoping someone can help me out here. I'm sure there's an easy fix. Hello has always worked well for me, until today. I opened up the Store to check for updates and saw there was 4 updates pending. I don't remember the exact names, but it was something...
  8. hello feature using face recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hello feature using face recognition: Can we set up on our computer more than one face recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-feature-using-face-recognition/8215552f-9e28-41e7-9fad-d00fbaf01384"
  9. Windows hello face

Windows hello face: When I am going to set up windows hello face it is showing that it could not find camera compatible with windows hello though I am having a webcam already built-in in my system....
  10. windows hello face

windows hello face: my laptop is fujitsu lifebook T725, how do I set up windows hello face if in the setting panel their is a message displayed as..we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face....