Windows 10: FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE

Discus and support FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; PLEASE HELP TO UPDATE WINDOWS 10[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by manishroshan, Oct 2, 2018.

1. FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE

PLEASE HELP TO UPDATE WINDOWS 10 FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE e93bea98-2230-4ab5-92c2-e145ab80df2b?upload=true.jpg

:)

manishroshan, Oct 2, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 2, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 2, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE

1. FACING PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATE - Similar Threads - FACING PROBLEM UPDATE

2. Facing problems with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing problems with Windows Update: It's been a couple of months now, I can't finish the update process of Windows 10. Every time it's requested to restart the PC to install the updates it has to rollback the changes and some time later it all happen again. I don't even know how to start troubleshooting this,...
  3. Facing problems with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing problems with Windows Update: It's been a couple of months now, I can't finish the update process of Windows 10. Every time it's requested to restart the PC to install the updates it has to rollback the changes and some time later it all happen again. I don't even know how to start troubleshooting this,...
  4. Facing problems with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem facing in activating windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem facing in activating windows: I am frequently getting notification to activate windows using product key so, go to settings to activate Windows. What should I do ? If you get my question correctly please tell me what should I do clearly....
  6. Windows Hello face Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello face Problem: Hi, I would to ask Why my Windows Hello face Coulnd't detect a Compatible Camera. Last time I see that Works and i didnt sign in They said before the problem cames "Please sign in To Microsoft Account to Use Windows Hello Face." And i didnt use Windows hello Face Before but...
  7. Window Hello Face Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window Hello Face Problem: Hi, I bought Window surface laptop 3 and after few updates window hello face is showing me that " We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face" Please help me with this....
  8. Windows facing problems after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows facing problems after interrupted update: I started facing minor problems like lagging mouse cursor and random windows explorer crashes. So i decided to update windows. After the update started, it was extremely slow. It completed to 21% after 1 hour. I force shut down my computer because I had to use it. After it...
  9. facing problem after updating windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    facing problem after updating windows: Hello, I am very sad because i couldn't find my folder which contain important documents. I just updated the windows 10 and now i am not able to see my folder. i don't know, where it went. I am afraid that due to the updates the folder got deleted but it's impossible. there...
  10. windows hello face problem...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello face problem...: i have a webcam intergrated on my machine biometrics service running... windows hello face gives me this message: you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face any ideas? 122189