Windows 10: Facing problems while upgrading my pc manually with the help of windows update assistant.

Discus and support Facing problems while upgrading my pc manually with the help of windows update assistant. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am trying to update my pc from the version 1903 to 2004.i am taking help of windows update assistant for it.I am trying to update my pc from last 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShobhonKumar, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Facing problems while upgrading my pc manually with the help of windows update assistant.

i am trying to update my pc from the version 1903 to 2004.i am taking help of windows update assistant for it.I am trying to update my pc from last 4 days but it is taking so much time.when i turn off for sometimes and again turn it on it always shows me getting your update.Why is his taking so much time?

:)

ShobhonKumar, Sep 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99%

The problem is caused by the Windows 7 updates.

Before using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, perform these steps:

• set Windows 7 updates to "Never install updates".
    • Stop the update service by right clicking on the command prompt, and choose "Run as administrator".
    • Type

It should say: "Windows update service is stopping....windows update service is stopped."

Facing problems while upgrading my pc manually with the help of windows update assistant. 852Gr.png

After completing the above steps, start the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant, and it should complete.

Anthony Cappucci, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Facing problems while upgrading my pc manually with the help of windows update assistant.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Facing problems while upgrading my pc manually with the help of windows update assistant.

1. Facing problems while upgrading my pc manually with the help of windows update assistant. - Similar Threads - Facing problems while

2. FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11: So today I decided to install windows 11 update and it went smooth for some time but while the installation process it got stuck at 89% for more than 2 hours after which I decided to restart my laptop and begin again but since then the downloading process gets stuck at 7% and...
  3. FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11: So today I decided to install windows 11 update and it went smooth for some time but while the installation process it got stuck at 89% for more than 2 hours after which I decided to restart my laptop and begin again but since then the downloading process gets stuck at 7% and...
  4. FACING PROBLEM WHILE UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Facing problems with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing problems with Windows Update: It's been a couple of months now, I can't finish the update process of Windows 10. Every time it's requested to restart the PC to install the updates it has to rollback the changes and some time later it all happen again. I don't even know how to start troubleshooting this,...
  6. Facing problems with Windows Update

Facing problems with Windows Update: It's been a couple of months now, I can't finish the update process of Windows 10. Every time it's requested to restart the PC to install the updates it has to rollback the changes and some time later it all happen again. I don't even know how to start troubleshooting this,...
  7. Facing problem while running VMware after windows update.

Facing problem while running VMware after windows update.: I am not able use VMware after after updating windows. It shows the error "VMware Workstation and credential/Device Guard are not compatible". I tried uninstalling and then installing the software back but it is not working....
  8. Manual updates not applicable, please assist

Manual updates not applicable, please assist: I'm trying to update windows manually without internet on one of the PC's that do not have a broadband connection. Is there a way to go from 17 > 18 > 19 series updates without having to manually find each individual update? I've tried doing this and cannot find the exact...
  9. I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate .

I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate .: Respected Sir, I am faced a problem while upgrading my windows 7 ultimate . I attempted to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10 by downloading window 10 from microsoft's original site. After download was complete I tried for installation, during installation, process somehow...
  10. problem with upgrade assistant

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem with upgrade assistant: Just a simple question. I would not mind updating but that particular Windows installation started as a Windows-to-go installation on a USB hard disk. I wanted to have a "live Windows installation" (as opposed to a live CD) with many tools for service. I then decided the disk...