Windows 10: facing search Issue in windows 10 pro

Discus and support facing search Issue in windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since 18/12/2021, approximately 60 to 70 users out of 800 users have had a problem with Outlook search. I deleted windows.edb file from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Abhijeet Kharche, Jan 15, 2022.

1. facing search Issue in windows 10 pro

Since 18/12/2021, approximately 60 to 70 users out of 800 users have had a problem with Outlook search. I deleted windows.edb file from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows location, but problem is same. Then after a few days I realized whenever I restart windows time and windows search services, indexing is started, but after 1 or 2 days issue is remain same. Please help us to resolve this issue.

:)

Abhijeet Kharche, Jan 15, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Search service not working (windows 10 pro)

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the search and indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on the Indexing Options.

• Click on the Troubleshoot search and indexing.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to start the Windows Search Service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

• Type services.msc and hit Enter.

• Search for Windows Search.

• Double click on Windows Search and click on
        Start button.

• Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
        Automatic.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I suggest you to manually select the location in the Indexing options and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Indexing Options and click on
      Modify button.

• Under Change selected locations check mark all the locations.

• Click on Ok and check if it works.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

facing search Issue in windows 10 pro

Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

facing search Issue in windows 10 pro

1. facing search Issue in windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - facing search Issue

2. facing search Issue in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    facing search Issue in windows 10 pro: Since 18/12/2021, approximately 60 to 70 users out of 800 users have had a problem with Outlook search. I deleted windows.edb file from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows location, but problem is same. Then after a few days I realized whenever I restart...
  3. facing search Issue in windows 10 pro

in Cortana
    facing search Issue in windows 10 pro: Since 18/12/2021, approximately 60 to 70 users out of 800 users have had a problem with Outlook search. I deleted windows.edb file from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows location, but problem is same. Then after a few days I realized whenever I restart...
  4. Facing the indexing issue in 10 pro and window 11 pro PCs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing the indexing issue in 10 pro and window 11 pro PCs: Hi,from last 2 weeks i am facing indexing issues with the outlook in my window 10 pro and window 11 pro pcs,I have performed the multiple troubleshooting steps like ,windows update,rebuild my PST also reinstall the office but still facing the same issue.I am facing the same...
  5. Facing the indexing issue in 10 pro and window 11 pro PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing the indexing issue in 10 pro and window 11 pro PCs: Hi,from last 2 weeks i am facing indexing issues with the outlook in my window 10 pro and window 11 pro pcs,I have performed the multiple troubleshooting steps like ,windows update,rebuild my PST also reinstall the office but still facing the same issue.I am facing the same...
  6. Facing the indexing issue in 10 pro and window 11 pro PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. facing performance Issue in Windows 10 PRO

facing performance Issue in Windows 10 PRO: Case #: 1024032704Created on: Monday, June 14, 2021Description: Customer facing performance Issue in Windows 10 PROpleas call back 9560027991mail id - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Facing Issue with windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Facing Issue with windows 10 update: In recent update of window 10 which is KB5000808 which is updated on the users desktop, when the users prints on a network printer, its comes up with the blue screen and then the desktop gets restarted, till the time that update is not uninstalled user is not able to print....
  9. Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar: Hi All, we installed the latest version of windows in few client computers and facing issue while typing in win 10 search bar. Windows version: 20H2 Os build 19042.685 Troubleshoot done from our side: ctfmon.exe/restarting the windows explorer and time being fixing the...
  10. Windows 10 PRO - Issues with Search and Index Functions

Windows 10 PRO - Issues with Search and Index Functions: I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909 Build 18363.778. I have been having issues with the search function not working correctly so I tried to correct this by going into the Search Searching Windows settings to access Advanced Search Indexer Settings and to Run the...