Windows 10: Facing the desktop deletion issues after windows 10 auto update on last week

Discus and support Facing the desktop deletion issues after windows 10 auto update on last week in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I connected my laptop to Wifi, windows 10 updates auto started installation. Once it is done system rebooted. When I tried to login, it showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SrinivasReddy_GJWL, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Facing the desktop deletion issues after windows 10 auto update on last week

When I connected my laptop to Wifi, windows 10 updates auto started installation. Once it is done system rebooted.

When I tried to login, it showing black scree and displaying error messages like "%Desk top profile deleted%"

Please help me how to get rid of this issue, I unable to use my laptop post the updates installed.

:)

SrinivasReddy_GJWL, Nov 27, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 27, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Facing the desktop deletion issues after windows 10 auto update on last week

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Facing the desktop deletion issues after windows 10 auto update on last week

1. Facing the desktop deletion issues after windows 10 auto update on last week - Similar Threads - Facing desktop deletion

2. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after last update: Hi As written in the title I have some issues with this update.When I right click on the desktop it only shows part of the right click option context like so:Naturally when I delete the update it goes back to normal, but I don't want to delete every update that cause this...
  3. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues after last update: Hi As written in the title I have some issues with this update.When I right click on the desktop it only shows part of the right click option context like so:Naturally when I delete the update it goes back to normal, but I don't want to delete every update that cause this...
  4. Issues faced after installing Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues faced after installing Windows 10 Update: I have been facing the following issues after installing an update of Windows 10 today:1. The menu options are being shown as "windows.copy", "windows.cut", "windows.paste", "windows.rename" etc.2. Cut, Copy and Paste options are not working.3. The right click is not working...
  5. Slow startup after updating last week

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup after updating last week: Hi everyone, Anyone else experiencing super slow startup on win10 x64 from the last update over a week ago or so? (I didn't update due to work schedule, but whatever the update was previous to last week). I've currently updated to the latest windows update and it seems a...
  6. Windows 10 update last week

Windows 10 update last week: After windows 10 update last week, my mouse won't work. Tried unplug and plug in, still no mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-last-week/8836c79a-4c23-451e-91dd-ce49f0705a6c
  7. Last weeks Windows 10 update

Last weeks Windows 10 update: How do i disable WIN10 automatic update? Last week after the Tuesday update my computer stopped recognizing the scanner that I do a lot of work with. I did a system restore to the day before that and everything worked OK again. Also, how do I find out which update caused the...
  8. Windows 10 update facing problem since last week's

Windows 10 update facing problem since last week's: Windows 10 update facing problem since last 2 week's, showing message We couldn't complete the features, undoing changes, Don't turn off your computer.....
  9. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  10. BSOD after update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after update last week: Hi all, Last week on shutting down I was prompted to install updates before shutting down as is normal. Did this but the next morning on booting got the dreaded BSOD. List of stopcodes generated after many attempts to boot up (in no particular order) *PFN LIST CORRUPT *IRQL...