Windows 10: Factory Data Reset

Discus and support Factory Data Reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there an easy way to backup all my files and factory data reset a windows 10 laptop? submitted by /u/Complex_River [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Complex_River, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:12 PM.

1. Factory Data Reset

Is there an easy way to backup all my files and factory data reset a windows 10 laptop?

submitted by /u/Complex_River
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Complex_River, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:12 PM

2. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:17 PM
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

4. AndreePin Win User

Factory Data Reset

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

Thema:

Factory Data Reset

1. Factory Data Reset - Similar Threads - Factory Data Reset

2. Factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset: How long should a Factory Reset take? I have a beefy 2 year old system and it has been at it for 2 hours... I chose to do a complete emptying of my SSD and HDD, I read some techy horror stuff about not being able to boot into Win10 again and so on and I'm pretty much shitting...
  3. Factory reset?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset?: How come I suddenly can't perform a factory reset? I've done it before but now it says "Could not find the revovery environment" Insert your Windows installation or recovery media, and restart your pc with the media....
  4. Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Reset: When trying to open settings to factory reset my laptop my settings crash when I try to do/select anything is there a way to fix this or factory reset not through settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset/8fac4470-4e0f-44e5-bc0b-5a74068aff94
  5. Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory Reset: I had some issues with my HP desktop with Windows 10 and needed to restore it to factory settings. During the recovery process it allowed me to do a backup and I have my files in wim Archive format. I am hoping to recover all of my files but when doing the factory reset, it...
  6. Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset: Hi, I had minecraft windows 10 and redeemed the code onto my pc. Since then I have factory reset my laptop and cannot re-download my copy. I can provide proof of my ownership of this game but of course I cannot re enter the code as it has already been redeemed. Is there...
  7. Factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset: Will a factory reset clean my computer of any damaging changes by a scammer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset/d0f959be-2611-422f-9dbf-c56d40ec1cb7
  8. factory reset

factory reset: I have tried to factory reset my laptop and it keeps telling me I have to free up 4 gb of space to do so,was just wondering why that is when the purpose is to clear up all my space....
  9. Factory reseting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reseting: When you factory reset your computer will it keep the most recent windows update? Or is there a way to remove yourself off the computer without having to factory reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reseting/9163317a-74a4-421b-befc-a1b11926497f
  10. Factory reset.

Factory reset.: So I want to factory reset my pc but when I go to settings>Recovery>Get started and hit remove everything it says could not fight the recovery environment insert your windows installation or recovery media, and restart your PC with the media. I have the USB media for...