Windows 10: Factory Data Reset

Discus and support Factory Data Reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there an easy way to backup all my files and factory data reset a windows 10 laptop? submitted by /u/Complex_River [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Complex_River, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Factory Data Reset

Is there an easy way to backup all my files and factory data reset a windows 10 laptop?

submitted by /u/Complex_River
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Complex_River, Nov 21, 2020

2. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 21, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 21, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Factory Data Reset

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Factory Data Reset

1. Factory Data Reset - Similar Threads - Factory Data Reset

2. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  3. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  4. I factory reseted my laptop but there is still data left after the reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I factory reseted my laptop but there is still data left after the reset.: I just opened my laptop after factory reseting, but there's still folders i had before on my laptop, and not any kind of folders theres video games on it that i had previously, i thought it was a one drive problem but i never logged in on drive and even so the files arent on...
  5. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...: I'm planning to factory reset my pc but my roommate is also using this device and has an account on this device, will it also reset my roommate's user data?...
  6. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...: I'm planning to factory reset my pc but my roommate is also using this device and has an account on this device, will it also reset my roommate's user data?...
  7. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. issues with microsoft apps after factory data reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issues with microsoft apps after factory data reset: hello,I had to do a factory data reset on my hp omen 15 because my brother had botched a windows update which had included a bios update. I'm now currently unable to properly use any microsoft apps chrome works fine, but edge becomes very laggy and unresponsive, the xbox app...
  9. issues with microsoft apps after factory data reset

issues with microsoft apps after factory data reset: hello,I had to do a factory data reset on my hp omen 15 because my brother had botched a windows update which had included a bios update. I'm now currently unable to properly use any microsoft apps chrome works fine, but edge becomes very laggy and unresponsive, the xbox app...
  10. Computer Factory Data Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Factory Data Reset: My laptop first ran on LUnix and then I downloaded Windows 10. Will my laptop return to LUnix if I do a factory data reset? Is it safe to do a factory data reset? Thank You For Your Help!!! submitted by /u/Silver-College-1508 [link] [comments]...