Windows 10: Factory Image Restore Frozen

Discus and support Factory Image Restore Frozen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i am trying to restore the computer to factory state using factory image restore but it has been stuck on “applying the background image” for about an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JacobLee8, Apr 28, 2020.

1. JacobLee8 Win User

Factory Image Restore Frozen

i am trying to restore the computer to factory state using factory image restore but it has been stuck on “applying the background image” for about an hour. It says that the entire process should only take “several minutes”

Factory Image Restore Frozen [​IMG]

:)

JacobLee8, Apr 28, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 28, 2020
  3. dsar Win User
    Factory Image Restore Option Missing After BCDEDIT Windows 10 Home 64

As the title suggest, I no longer see the option "Factory Image Restore" in the Advanced Boot Windows 10.

Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 7559
    Processor: 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.6GHz
    Memorry: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GB x 1)
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M, 4GB GDDR5 video memory

Back Story

1. Two days ago I tried to install hackintosh on the laptop while Windows 10 Home is intact. I installed it in a different partition on the same harddrive. So the Windows was at C and the Mac OS Sierra was at E while D is used for data storage.
    2. In the process of installation, I press F4 while highlighting the Mac OS installation and then tried to boot it. But I couldn't boot it. The hackintosh failed.
    3. I gave up, and then boot from the Windows 10 but it also failed. It showed that there is no bootable device.
    4. I made a usb bootable windows 10 to recover the bcd using the command prompt option in the installation but it still failed to boot.
    5. I ended up installing the new windows 10 on the E drive (wiping out the failed hackintosh). After doing this, I succeeded.
    6. I am able to boot to the new windows as well as the old windows.

To keep things clean, I want to do a factory image restore. The problem is that because I used bcdedit before (see 4), I couldn't find the option to do the factory image restore.

I read online that I can fix the bcd using the visual bcd editor. I have no clue how to use it.

Here's a screenshot of the bcd visual editor on my computer.

I wanted to be able to do a factory image restore.

How can I do this using BCD Visual Editor?

Thanks in advanced.

4. Factory Image Restore Frozen

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Factory Image Restore Frozen

1. Factory Image Restore Frozen - Similar Threads - Factory Image Restore

2. Frozen while factory restting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frozen while factory restting: So It started resetting as normal but then at 65% it just stopped and is suck on the Resetting this pc screen, the buffering circle isn't even moving. So I left it for about 4 hours and it is still frozen. Is there a way to fix it...
  3. Frozen while factory restting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen while factory restting: So It started resetting as normal but then at 65% it just stopped and is suck on the Resetting this pc screen, the buffering circle isn't even moving. So I left it for about 4 hours and it is still frozen. Is there a way to fix it...
  4. Frozen while factory restting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Factory Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Restore: I’ve been trying to reset my laptop for the past few days, I’ve moved all my photos/videos/documents ECT onto a external storage. There is literally nothing else I could possibly remove or delete from this laptop to free up more space but it keeps saying I need to free up...
  6. Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems

Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems: My Dell laptop had been so slow and had some problems so that a technician restore it using factory image restore. However, after the attempt, other problems emerge. The laptop stopped so many times asking for restarting and appear the stop code. So we decided to restore...
  7. Factory reset frozen at 44%?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset frozen at 44%?: submitted by /u/a-person-on-reddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hodfvn/factory_reset_frozen_at_44/
  8. Factory Restore

Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  9. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...
  10. Dell Factory Image Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dell Factory Image Restore: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 but I would like to go back to Win 7. It's past the 30 days and so I can't roll back via Win 10. When I use F8, I see that the Dell Factory Image Restore is no longer an option. However, I do have a recovery drive for Win 7. Has Win 10...