Windows 10: Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files

Discus and support Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 with pre-installed Microsoft Photos. For some reason, on some files, when I open a photo there is no arrow to scroll to the next or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SuzyBurton1, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files

I have Windows 10 with pre-installed Microsoft Photos. For some reason, on some files, when I open a photo there is no arrow to scroll to the next or previous photo. Currently I have to close the photo and select the next one to view it. I've looked everywhere on line for fixes such as Reset Default App in Settings and tried them, so far, I sunk.

PLEASE HELP! I have so much work to do,

:)

SuzyBurton1, Mar 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Hi Lozza47au,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

1. On the other computer where you have described ‘something has gone haywire’, are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the arrow keys and mouse scroll wheel issue specific to particular photo in that photo folder?
    3. Do you face the same issue when you open the photo in a different application?
    4. What is the make and model of the Keyboard, mouse?

However, let us try these methods one by one to check if that helps.

Method A: Suggest you to refer to the suggestions from Ernie San dated November 22, 2016 and Dan9090 dated September 1, 2017 to check if that makes any difference.

Windows 10 Photos app - scroll wheel

Method B: You may also want to move couple of photos to a different location and check if those Photo app options work normally.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 1, 2019
  3. in Photo app scrolling arrow does not appear

I tried typing in Windows Powershell in the search window and following instructions up to Get-AppxPackage-AllUsers but this did not seem to work further at this point (my 80year old brain might not be up to following / acting on instructions).

I have now opened several of my photo files with photo and find that the scrolling arrow now appears on all of them except for the last file I installed - this last one will open if I highlight all pictures and then right click 'open' where it then apparently
    picks the default programme 'photo' and opens the picture and shows the scrolling arrows which then work.

Will take next batch of pictures tomorrow 23rd August with a different SD card and see if this makes a difference. I copy pictures from my SD card onto an extra hard drive where I 'rename (year.month.day) & automatically renumbering them'. I then safely
    remove the SD card from my computer and then edit the pictures on my extra hard drive using Photo

antchrisallsopp, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files

Scrolling in photo folders using Photo program

Hi Ann,

One reason why the arrow is grayed out is because the Tile option is set to
    A single photo. We can change the settings so you will be able to see the recent photos. Follow the steps below:

• Click Settings. It is at the lower left panel of the
      Photos
      application.
    • Check out the Tile option and click on the drop down arrow, choose
      Recent photos.

Let us know if the steps provided above is helpful to you.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files

1. Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files - Similar Threads - Factory Installed Microsoft

2. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  3. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  4. Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.: Dear Sirs,Since last update of Windows 10, photo app doesn't scroll to next photos in both notebooks I have and with same photos. When selecting slides show, blinks and shows the same photo and left/right arrows do not scroll either.And without selecting show, the left/right...
  5. Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides: So i've seen this question posted a bunch on subreddits and even the official microsoft help pages and the answer is always just "lol use another app". This was literally working fine for me yesterday. submitted by /u/shmimshmam [link] [comments]...
  6. No arrow to advance to next photo

No arrow to advance to next photo: Hi, There is no arrow to advance to the next photo in a folder. The arrows were there a week ago. Now I have to close the present photo and open the next. That is very tedious and time consuming. I have tried to reset and remove the app. That hat worked either. Does anyone...
  7. The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...

The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...: I have lost the scroll arrow in a photo file but noticed it is still there in others. Currently, i need to close out of each photo and select the next by thumbnail. I have tried multiple fixes while researching this online. I have reset the app, I restored to an earlier date,...
  8. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work: We have 2 individual computers both running Windows 10, and both of these computers have had clean installs of Windows within the previous 6 weeks. Up until yesterday both of these computers have worked perfectly with the Photo App - Photos on both computers are held on 1TB...
  9. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo: How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me doing any changes in the app the scroll is zooming the photos. Also the appearance of the app is now different. E.g. the...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows

Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows: Hey all, I switched to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution to a problem with the Windows Photo Viewer. If I open a folder full of my photos, I am unable to advance to the next or previous pictures using the arrow keys on either side of...