Windows 10: Factory Reset after Clean Install

Discus and support Factory Reset after Clean Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey! I had to clean install last day.. because i had some issues with booting the PC. Because of that, theres no pre-installed programs and drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ovotrixy, May 13, 2021.

1. ovotrixy Win User

Factory Reset after Clean Install

Hey! I had to clean install last day.. because i had some issues with booting the PC. Because of that, theres no pre-installed programs and drivers, the laptop had when i bought him. I was wondering if i perform a Factory Reset with "Keep my files" option.. Will it rollback to the state it was previously on.. with antivirus, drivers, some basic HP programs.. or will it rollback to the clean install one? Thanks :Really appreciate ur time.

:)

ovotrixy, May 13, 2021

2. Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 13, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 13, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Factory Reset after Clean Install - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Clean

2. Microsoft Store Not Installed After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Installed After Factory Reset?: Hi so, to get straight to the point I recently factory reset my Laptop. When the reset was finished a lot of the manufacturing companies originally installed apps were not installed, so I went to install them but Microsoft store is non-existant. No files for it, no app for...
  3. Microsoft Store Not Installed After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Not Installed After Factory Reset?: Hi so, to get straight to the point I recently factory reset my Laptop. When the reset was finished a lot of the manufacturing companies originally installed apps were not installed, so I went to install them but Microsoft store is non-existant. No files for it, no app for...
  4. Windows tremendously slow after resetting pc factory clean reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows tremendously slow after resetting pc factory clean reset: I did factory reset on my PC and everything lags after attempting simple tasks like opening a folder, everything freezes, things going "Not Responding" I tried restarting and I did windows updates. Could barely find videos on the topic...
  5. Windows tremendously slow after resetting pc factory clean reset

Windows tremendously slow after resetting pc factory clean reset: I did factory reset on my PC and everything lags after attempting simple tasks like opening a folder, everything freezes, things going "Not Responding" I tried restarting and I did windows updates. Could barely find videos on the topic...
  6. Windows tremendously slow after resetting pc factory clean reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?

Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?: O/S: Windows 10 21H2 HomeProcessor: Intel Core i5 - 6th Gen.RAM: 12 GB 4 + 8 DDR3HDD: 1 TBModel: HP Pavilion 360-s101tu Convertible 2-in-1Date of purchase: April 2017Main use: Editing text on Google Docs. Writing emails. Daily use for past four years: 10–12 hours. Maybe...
  8. Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?: O/S: Windows 10 21H2 HomeProcessor: Intel Core i5 - 6th Gen.RAM: 12 GB 4 + 8 DDR3HDD: 1 TBModel: HP Pavilion 360-s101tu Convertible 2-in-1Date of purchase: April 2017Main use: Editing text on Google Docs. Writing emails. Daily use for past four years: 10–12 hours. Maybe...
  9. Windows 10: Can we do factory reset even after clean installs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Re-installing Windows after factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installing Windows after factory reset: I have reset my laptop back to factory default in preparation to sell the laptop and I'm up the stage where Windows 10 has reloaded and it's now asking for Microsoft account details. I don't particularly want to put my account details now so the buyer can use their details...