Windows 10: Factory Reset after Clean Install

Discus and support Factory Reset after Clean Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey! I had to clean install last day.. because i had some issues with booting the PC. Because of that, theres no pre-installed programs and drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ovotrixy, May 13, 2021.

1. ovotrixy Win User

Factory Reset after Clean Install

Hey! I had to clean install last day.. because i had some issues with booting the PC. Because of that, theres no pre-installed programs and drivers, the laptop had when i bought him. I was wondering if i perform a Factory Reset with "Keep my files" option.. Will it rollback to the state it was previously on.. with antivirus, drivers, some basic HP programs.. or will it rollback to the clean install one? Thanks :Really appreciate ur time.

:)

ovotrixy, May 13, 2021

2. Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 13, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 13, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Factory Reset after Clean Install - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Clean

2. Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?: So recently I factory reset my PC with all the options to make it more thorough selected. However, when everything finished and I went to set up windows, I noticed that the other language I had added prior to the reset was still there. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how factory...
  3. Re-installing Windows after factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installing Windows after factory reset: I have reset my laptop back to factory default in preparation to sell the laptop and I'm up the stage where Windows 10 has reloaded and it's now asking for Microsoft account details. I don't particularly want to put my account details now so the buyer can use their details...
  4. After Factory Reset Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Factory Reset Problem: Recently i just factory reset my computer and i faced a serious problems after factor reset. System auto download and on window 10. Purchase laptop 4 or 5 years ago. I not able to find my window key. My Activation only show "Window 10 Home" without product ID and key. I not...
  5. PC reset loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC reset loop after factory reset: I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the configuration I put in my country, application language, keyboard layout and time zone, I received an error message saying that I needed an update and to plug it in and...
  6. Problems after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after factory reset: So i wanted to factory reset my computer and while resetting it got stuck at 50% for 2 hours after that i got a blue screen like the bios blue screen saying that something interupted the restoration ( i can't remember all the blue screen ) but it wanted me to skip somethign...
  7. Issues after factory reset

Issues after factory reset: Hello, So u did a factory reaet on my micrisfit surface 1796. After the reset I set up the computer and logged in. When logged in, I noticed that very few of the functions work. I cannot click the windows icon, i cannot open settings, and i cant even open microsoft edge...
  8. Looping after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Looping after factory reset: I got a Dell 5559 on Windows 10. I was having a problem where the computer showed it was connect to internet but it wouldn't pull up any web page or do anything that requires internet. I tried to do a factory reset and now it's looping with this screen. Any help? [img] 103586
  9. What do you reccommend factory reset, Clean install or do nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    What do you reccommend factory reset, Clean install or do nothing: i upgraded to windows 10 and have been having been having some problems my pc freezes mostly when im playing games so i orriginally i thought it was just my gfx card (its a crappy one getting a new one soon tho) so i wasn't really bothered but just before my pc crashed and it...
  10. Reset or Clean install?

Reset or Clean install?: My brother has a Gateway SX2110G Win10 (x64) desktop that he got from a friend when it was on Windows 8. It’s now on Win10 1703 and runs well but the original owner’s account is still on the computer. I want to reset or clean install so he’s the only account on it. I’m...