Windows 10: Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a small laptop running Windows 8 that I'd like to give to a friend after I install Windows 10. If I do a factory reset to remove all my stuff,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rickaysen, Aug 21, 2015.

1. rickaysen Win User

Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade

I have a small laptop running Windows 8 that I'd like to give to a friend after I install Windows 10. If I do a factory reset to remove all my stuff, will it retain Windows 10 or will it revert back to 8?

:)

rickaysen, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Ravi Home Win User

Factory Reset after upgrading to Win 10

So something went wrong with my laptop after i upgraded to Windows 10, so I was thinking if i could factory reset my laptop, but then it would go back to Windows 8.1, but is there any chance that i will be asked again for a free upgrade after i factory reset
    and go back to windows 8.1 ?

Is there any way of factory resetting it without going back to Windows 8.1 ?

Ravi Home, Aug 21, 2015
  3. window 10 free upgrade sign disappear after factory reset

window 10 free upgrade sign disappear after factory reset

dragon0812, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Factory Reset per se would mean it puts the operating system back to how it came out of the box - assuming you have never modified the partitions and the factory restore option is still intact. I would say the best bet (assuming you already have the personal data you want to preserve saved/backed up elsewhere) is to do factory reset, make sure the reset Win8 is activated for sure, and then you'll need to progress through the Win 10 upgrade. Once you have Win10 upgrade CONFIRMED as activated (no more product key needed as machine hardware ID is recorded on the Microsoft activation server), you may as well do a Win10 clean install, during which you delete ALL partitions on the HDD or SSD. Assuming YOU do the clean install, you can set up a local account and make sure its activated and then give your friend the password and they can take it from there.

Which exact operating system did the laptop come from the factory with?

Word Man, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Upgrade

2. after factory reset of win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after factory reset of win 10: how do I restore my Microsoft games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-factory-reset-of-win-10/70bb7097-637f-4fb7-9260-a1d7bb98e7da
  3. Issue with windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with windows 10 after factory reset: My system was lagging a lot so i decided to do a factory reset but after factory reset the system is not starting and keeps on restarting again and again and shows the same error every time. [IMG][IMG]...
  4. Problems after factory reset

Problems after factory reset: So i wanted to factory reset my computer and while resetting it got stuck at 50% for 2 hours after that i got a blue screen like the bios blue screen saying that something interupted the restoration ( i can't remember all the blue screen ) but it wanted me to skip somethign...
  5. Issues after factory reset

Issues after factory reset: Hello, So u did a factory reaet on my micrisfit surface 1796. After the reset I set up the computer and logged in. When logged in, I noticed that very few of the functions work. I cannot click the windows icon, i cannot open settings, and i cant even open microsoft edge...
  6. Repair Windows 10 after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Windows 10 after Factory Reset: I recently decided to perform a reset on my computer (and selected the option to remove all files, but not clean the drives). However, during this process, after displaying as 100% complete, the computer froze on a black screen, so I turned it off and on again. Now, when it...
  7. Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade: Hello, I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro shortly after purchasing it because I wanted to encrypt my hard drive with Bitlocker. However, shortly after upgrading I began having a problem where the default...
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...
  9. Looping after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Looping after factory reset: I got a Dell 5559 on Windows 10. I was having a problem where the computer showed it was connect to internet but it wouldn't pull up any web page or do anything that requires internet. I tried to do a factory reset and now it's looping with this screen. Any help? [img] 103586
  10. Can I Factory Reset to Win 7 after upgrading to Windows 10?

Can I Factory Reset to Win 7 after upgrading to Windows 10?: Question on behalf of a friend, he has a Fujitsu AH530 which had Windows 7 OEM installed and he upgraded to Windows 10 Insider Preview and then to Windows 10 from Microsoft Standalone Package, but he now wants to go back to Windows 7, he has used Windows 10 for longer than 30...