Windows 10: Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.

Discus and support Factory Reset and it created "other user" account. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I just did a factory reset on my wife's HP laptop because one of our teens got a virus on it. But after completing the factory reset on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Battle Goddess1, May 7, 2019.

1. Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.

Hello I just did a factory reset on my wife's HP laptop because one of our teens got a virus on it. But after completing the factory reset on the computer it reset its self and boots up and brings you to the prompt page where you normally go if to sign in. But there is now the other user which is weird because there shouldn't be any users at all on here after doing the factory reset. I tried using my wife username and password and it didn't work then i tried the Microsoft account sign in samething then i try to do a factory reset again through windows safe mode i go through the process of but it then says i need to use a account that has admin privileges and there are none so here i am.

:)

Battle Goddess1, May 7, 2019

2. Cannot login after Factory reset stuck on Other Users page

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Which OS is currently installed or returned to after Factory Settings?

As per the information that you have provided, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below:

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• If on Windows 7 press F8
      upon restart after the manufacturers logo appears. If on Windows 8,8.1 press
      Shift key and then Restart to access Safe Mode.
    • Then access command prompt (admin) and type:
      net user administrator /active:yes
      (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: Administrator Account.

Log in through the in built admin account, create a new administrator account and check if you can log in. If you are able to log into the new account, deactivate the inbuilt admin account.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 7, 2019
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Factory reset changed user account

Hi Murray,

We're also unable to determine the cause of the issue, however, we can try to access the hidden administrator account on your PC, and then delete the unknown account that existed on your PC. Follow these steps:

• Open an elevated prompt. Press Windows key + X, and then right-click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:
      Net user administrator /active:yes
    • Access the newly enabled built-in Administrator account by clicking your user account name in the
      Start, and then click the Administrator account. It will also appear on the login screen of
      Windows 10.
    • Once you're logged in to the Administrator account, create a new local user account (with admin rights). Check this
      link.
    • Delete the unknown account by going to Control Panel>
      User Accounts
      > User Accounts> Manage User Accounts.

Note: You can disable the hidden Administrator account by typing
    Net user administrator /active:no in the command prompt box.

Please update us with the results. We'll be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, May 7, 2019
  4. Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.

Create a Password Reset Drive not listed within my User Account

Hi Anna,

Thank you for posting your response.

I appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above post, I would like to clarify that if you have a Microsoft account enabled in your PC, you will have to visit live.com website provided in the above link to create the Password Reset Drive. In a local account, you will b able to find the
    options in Control Panel>User Accounts>Create a Password Reset Drive on the left menu pane.

Coming to the issue in hand, you cannot merge the two accounts, you can however copy the files and folders that is required into the User Account that you desire and delete the unwanted account. To do so follow the steps below.

Note: You should have admin privileges to perform the below steps

• Open File Explorer, open This PC and navigate to
      C:\Users.
    • Click on the Account that you want to copy the files from.
    • Right click on the Folders (and/or files) and click on copy.
    • Now, go to the new user account folder and paste it. Repeat the steps a needed.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.

1. Factory Reset and it created "other user" account. - Similar Threads - Factory Reset created

2. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  3. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  4. Creating Other User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Other User: As system Admin I wish to create Other Users. User without Microsoft Account I've repeatedly created Other User process complete and apparently successful but when attempting to switch Users and log in as the newly created Other User I get Password Incorrect error. I have...
  5. Creating Other User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Other User: As system Admin I wish to create Other Users. User without Microsoft Account I've repeatedly created Other User process complete and apparently successful but when attempting to switch Users and log in as the newly created Other User I get Password Incorrect error. I have...
  6. Performed a factory reset on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Performed a factory reset on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created...: I performed a factory reset on my Lenovo laptop, running windows 10. After a few hours, when the laptop rebooted, I was presented with the "other users" login screen. I sort of expected to be prompted through setting up the unit as if it were new, but this did not happen....
  7. Factory reset, other user?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Factory reset, other user?: So I just bought my friends 2nd hand laptop. He factory reset it twice because the first time it went back to his profile. After the second time it seemed good so he sent it to me. When I got the laptop it had no set up options. Instead it just had a login screen for "other...
  8. Factory Reset Now Asking for “Other User”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Factory Reset Now Asking for “Other User”: Hello! Today, my boyfriends grandmother gave me her old new laptop from about 12/2016. After he helped her get her stuff off and onto her new one, he reset it to factory setting. After it rebooted for a few hours, it began asking for “Other User” to login. We have tried...
  9. Factory Reset and it created "other user" account. Tried doing the admin trick

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Reset and it created "other user" account. Tried doing the admin trick: Afternoon, So a friend of mine decided to factory reset his laptop....he did so...he can't log in, and administrator is "inactive." It displays the option for another user...but there is no other user. tried doing the below steps....they did not work....possibly popped up...
  10. Factory Reset and other user created

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Factory Reset and other user created: Hi, I had purchased a new lenovo laptop with preinstalled windows 10. After using 5 to 6 days, the system became little bit slow. So I did factory reset and post the process had been completed, I got a login page where it is asking for other user log in credentials and...