Windows 10: Factory Reset attempt, deleted all user accounts

Discus and support Factory Reset attempt, deleted all user accounts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to factory reset and accidentally deleted all user accounts. I can't log in as my password is not accepted. what do I do? I have little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexHussain1, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Factory Reset attempt, deleted all user accounts

I attempted to factory reset and accidentally deleted all user accounts. I can't log in as my password is not accepted. what do I do? I have little computer knowledge, so a simple guide would benefit me greatly.

:)

AlexHussain1, Feb 24, 2021

2. Attempts to delete account result in freeze.

I'm trying to remove a user account off a Toshiba laptop but each time I try to delete the account, the User Accounts thingy freezes. Any ideas on how to delete the account?

beyond_amusia, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Attempts to delete account result in freeze.

If you're running WIN, you best bet would be a 12 gauge . . . that'll take care of the problem.

Otherwise, try to remove the account in Safe mode.

imperialreign, Feb 24, 2021
  4. kenkickr Win User

Factory Reset attempt, deleted all user accounts

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Factory Reset attempt, deleted all user accounts

1. Factory Reset attempt, deleted all user accounts - Similar Threads - Factory Reset attempt

2. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  3. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  4. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...: I'm planning to factory reset my pc but my roommate is also using this device and has an account on this device, will it also reset my roommate's user data?...
  5. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...: I'm planning to factory reset my pc but my roommate is also using this device and has an account on this device, will it also reset my roommate's user data?...
  6. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. can all but one user account be deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    can all but one user account be deleted: can all but one user account be deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-all-but-one-user-account-be-deleted/ac13b8d2-d54a-4a3a-bb32-405a276583f1
  8. Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.: Hello I just did a factory reset on my wife's HP laptop because one of our teens got a virus on it. But after completing the factory reset on the computer it reset its self and boots up and brings you to the prompt page where you normally go if to sign in. But there is now...
  9. Factory reset, other user?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Factory reset, other user?: So I just bought my friends 2nd hand laptop. He factory reset it twice because the first time it went back to his profile. After the second time it seemed good so he sent it to me. When I got the laptop it had no set up options. Instead it just had a login screen for "other...
  10. Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files: I deleted the previous user account on a laptop given to me by my friend (Joanne) and changed it to a new name (Serena). This seemed to work and when when I login it is with the new username. However there seems to be contradicting info about user accounts on my pc. The first...