Windows 10: Factory reset canceling a quarter of the way through

Discus and support Factory reset canceling a quarter of the way through in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having problems with my pc over the last couple months and now it has gotten so bad that i can no longer boot normally. I have to boot into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jessy valson, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Factory reset canceling a quarter of the way through

I have been having problems with my pc over the last couple months and now it has gotten so bad that i can no longer boot normally. I have to boot into safe mode and i cant cant factory reset in safe mode. But i can factory reset in the automatic repair screen. But if i do that eveything will go normally untill it gets to about 27% and then it will just switch to the automatic repair screen suddenly as if nothing ever happened. I dont know what to do anymore as i cant find results for this issue anywhere.

:)

Jessy valson, Apr 15, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 15, 2020
  3. S_and_S Win User
    Factory Reset

That depends on what you mean by "factory reset."

The term traditionally means restoring your computer to the way it was when it left the factory (hence the name.) After a factory reset, you computer will be exactly the same as it was when you pressed the Power button for the first time.

If that's what you mean, you can find detailed instructions on the computer manufacturer's website. It's a manufacturer-designed procedure, not something that comes from Microsoft, and it doesn't take long at all. Just follow the directions, step-by-step
    and you'll be fine.

S_and_S, Apr 15, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Factory reset canceling a quarter of the way through

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Factory reset canceling a quarter of the way through

1. Factory reset canceling a quarter of the way through - Similar Threads - Factory reset canceling

2. Is there a way to fix all of these problems without a Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to fix all of these problems without a Factory Reset?: Hi. I am having multiple windows errors with my laptop that are making it harder to use.The first is Driver_power_state_failure, which I have tried fixing by reinstalling the drivers. It stopped the problem temporarily and I haven't tried fixing it again. The second problem...
  3. Is there a way to fix all of these problems without a Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to fix all of these problems without a Factory Reset?: Hi. I am having multiple windows errors with my laptop that are making it harder to use.The first is Driver_power_state_failure, which I have tried fixing by reinstalling the drivers. It stopped the problem temporarily and I haven't tried fixing it again. The second problem...
  4. Factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset: I made the unfortunate mistake of messing with various things in the registry of a hp desktop computer. After messing with stuff, and then loaded a past restore point which seemed normal and the computer restarted with no problem. An hour later, after turning on the pc, I got...
  5. Mouse feels WAY faster after factory reset...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse feels WAY faster after factory reset...: I use the Zowie EC2 and the Razer DeathAdder Elite and Iv'e already turned enhanced pointer precision off but just moving both mice in game or out of game feels so weird now. submitted by /u/-YasUke- [link] [comments]...
  6. Factory reset

Factory reset: Hi, I had to reset my notebook Asus TUF Gaming FX504GE into factory settings. But now, when the resetting is completed, the Windows version remained as it was before resetting, as well as the drivers and the problem, which I had sound dropping, stuttering, crackling is still...
  7. How to put windows on my ssd through a factory reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to put windows on my ssd through a factory reset.: Title says it all. Just ask if u need more info. submitted by /u/Bignuggetmuncher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtofbo/how_to_put_windows_on_my_ssd_through_a_factory/
  8. Factory Reset

Factory Reset: Hi, I am trying to factory reset my sisters laptop. I have tried downloading a link thing to a usb and putting the usb into the laptop im trying to reset but it wont work. I cant find any videos on youtube or any information on how to do it. I think her laptop is a levovo...
  9. Factory reset

Factory reset: I have a ton of downloads on my computer thats slowing it down i need to factory reset it but it keeps getting a failure error and says nothings been changed after it hits close to 6%...
  10. factory reset

factory reset: windows 10 has been factory reset but I cannot reinstall my personal settings and data saved on external hardrive. I cant find how to do this anywhere. Information such as my outlook settings with my contact list and old emails, can you help....