Windows 10: Factory reset does not remove updates

Discus and support Factory reset does not remove updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I factory reset my Windows 10 system yesterday and it did not remove any of the updates besides the May cumulative update from this month. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by timyc, May 23, 2019.

1. timyc Win User

Factory reset does not remove updates

I factory reset my Windows 10 system yesterday and it did not remove any of the updates besides the May cumulative update from this month. Is this intended?

:)

timyc, May 23, 2019

2. factory reset to remove personal data

I have a windows 8.1 , And I`m trying to remove and reset . But when I go to PC settings and click on the recovery and update than I click to recovery & the only thing comes up is just the Advance start up.. but my question is how can
    I get the other icons

that are suppose to pop up? like for example the remove everything and reinstall windows isn't displayed how can I retrieve this??

please walk me through it step by step so I can factory reset my PC so I can sell it thank you

leahfernandez3, May 23, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    RESET TO FACTORY

Hi Roy,

You can reset your PC and remove everything if you are having trouble using the computer. Make sure to back important files before resetting the PC. To do that, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Reset this PC.
    • Click Get started.
    • When prompted, select the Remove everything option to delete everything.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, May 23, 2019
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Factory Reset

Hi Cameron,

Since you did a factory reset on your computer, possibly the outdated network adapter driver causes the connection issue. Just for clarification, did you install the updated network drivers? If not, we suggest that you update the Network adapter driver.

• Go to Device Manager, then click Network adapters and select the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, restart the computer.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Factory reset does not remove updates - Similar Threads - Factory reset does

2. Onedrive not removed after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive not removed after factory reset: After passing on my laptop to a family member, I did a factory reset. My Microsoft account wasn't removed though. I added a new Microsoft account for the family member then changed their status to Administrator then removed my Microsoft account. My Onedrive account is still...
  3. Onedrive not removed after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive not removed after factory reset: After passing on my laptop to a family member, I did a factory reset. My Microsoft account wasn't removed though. I added a new Microsoft account for the family member then changed their status to Administrator then removed my Microsoft account. My Onedrive account is still...
  4. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  5. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  6. Factory Reset/Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset/Windows update: I factory reset my computer and it returned to Windows 8. Now I'm unable to update anything. Windows update could not search for updates. I'm receiving the message Errors found: Code 80072EFE. Most recent check for updates: never, Updates were installed: never....
  7. Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?: I might have gotten some malware on my 1month old pc. I have tried using malwarebytes and windows defender to scan for any viruses but both came up negative. However, since both were free software I was still skeptical. I was extremely paranoid because I might have just gave...
  8. Factory reset and OS updates

Factory reset and OS updates: Hey all. So I plan to do a factory reset on my old laptop soon so I can get rid of it. But out of curiosity, would the factory wipe also delete Windows 10 from the hard drive and revert to Windows 8 like from when I bought it? This is not really an issue for me. I just got...
  9. Does a factory reset remove administrator?

Does a factory reset remove administrator?: I ran some application as an administrator, everything worked except for pop ups every few minutes and a Google extension put on my chrome which I had no control of. I used Malwarebytes and I got rid of the popups but the administrator virus removed my wifi? Here's how it is:...
  10. Errors Updating and Factory Resetting

Errors Updating and Factory Resetting: A few months ago my PC started giving me error codes when trying to update Windows 10. After a few days of attempting to fix it nothing yielded, so I planned to get a USB to save some files and do a factory reset. I ended up not getting the USB until recently and I was also...