Windows 10: Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC

Discus and support Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday I have been trying to fix a problem I still have on the Uplay client. I have been told by google searches that one of the fixes for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AvrahamKubi, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC

Hello, Yesterday I have been trying to fix a problem I still have on the Uplay client. I have been told by google searches that one of the fixes for this problem is to reset the hosts file I have massed up there I changed the hosts file to a .txt file and I can't put it back, I also changed what was in the file to something Ubisoft support wrote to put there now I ended up with two bad hosts files which are .txt files and I don't know how to put them back. while trying to see if I can fix that problem I realized my command prompt is not working, so I googled what can I do and I ended up opening a video that told me that I need to go to regedit and open HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Command Processor open AutoRun and change the value data to 0. I finally thought I fixed the command prompt problem and everything was fine until I restarted my PC. After the restart I typed my password and I was greeted with command prompt and a black screen behind it. To use my PC normally I had to type explorer.exe in the command prompt which got me in my PC.

Now the main issue is whenever I open my PC I'm greeted with command prompt and a black screen behind it.

Another problem but not so major is to get my hosts files the way they were.

Uplay issue
    Lastly, If anyone knows how to fix the problem I'm having on the Uplay client that would be great. The Uplay problem whoever is interested is whenever i try to open the Uplay client i get an error saying:
    Uplay has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown. Crash dump created at "C:/Program Files x86/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/crashes".
    To try and fix that problem I tried:
    Updating the Uplay client which means I uninstalled the Uplay client and reinstalled it Didn't work.
    Trying to reset my hosts files Which only got worse.
    Disabling my fire walls completely
    On the Uplay client problem all I did was to try and open the client nothing else to make it do what it did.

Link to the Ubisoft support website i used to try and reset my hosts file
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-AU/Faqs/000025462/Resetting-the-Hosts-file

Now to try and fix all of these problems I wanted to factory reset my PC but every time I try to factory reset my PC I get a message saying: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    HELP ME....

:)

AvrahamKubi, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Tankachoo Win User

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC :)

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC :)

-

Tankachoo, Feb 17, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 17, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC

1. Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC - Similar Threads - Factory reset doesn't

2. Problems With Factory Reset on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems With Factory Reset on PC: Hello,I recently bought a computer off an individual. The PC was not reset before giving it to me. I am trying to reset the pc back to its factory setting so that I may access and use the pc. When resetting, it is asking me to "insert your windows installation or recovery...
  3. Problems With Factory Reset on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems With Factory Reset on PC: Hello,I recently bought a computer off an individual. The PC was not reset before giving it to me. I am trying to reset the pc back to its factory setting so that I may access and use the pc. When resetting, it is asking me to "insert your windows installation or recovery...
  4. Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC": I've read so many guides to this now, but I am eternally stuck. I am simply trying to reset to factory settings, but after 1% progress I get "There was a problem resetting your PC". I've attempted sfc /scannow from Command Prompt, but I get "Windows Resource Protection...
  5. Factory Reset Windows 10 - NO PASSWORD and "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC"

Factory Reset Windows 10 - NO PASSWORD and "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC": Hello everybody, After several tries and research online I still cant make it work... I am trying to factory reset an old Acer Aspire. I dont remember the Windows Password, and I dont have any way to be able to recover it. So I am trying to do a factory reset. So,...
  6. Problems Factory Resetting PC

Problems Factory Resetting PC: First off, lets get what I've tried out of the way. these are all the problems I encountered whilst trying to solve my issue I would like to clarify, some of these changes were supposed to help allow the reset process to work e.g., most of the CMD commands, but some were...
  7. Resetting to factory settings doesn't work..

Resetting to factory settings doesn't work..: Hello. I tried to reset my asus rog strix laptop to factory settings and it gives an error at 55%-60%. It doesnt have a place to put in a disc.. Can anyone help me as soon as possible? I just want a clean laptop... I bought my laptop in January...
  8. Completely unable to factory reset. Get “There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Completely unable to factory reset. Get “There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes...: No idea what to do. I’ve updated the PC, checked for problems, everything. What should I do? My PC has been acting up a lot lately and I want to factory reset to resolve these problems. Unable to do it as said above.. submitted by /u/Tnel1027 [link] [comments]...
  9. Factory reset your PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset your PC: I'm unable to factory reset my PC, and am currently stuck in a loop that keeps bringing me back to a BIOS screen. How can I factory reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-your-pc/874acf5c-5d9d-4904-be20-8e334461cd18
  10. Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX: How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8. This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC. This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10. Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. factory reset doesnt work on pc