Windows 10: Factory reset files have a virus?

Discus and support Factory reset files have a virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Using windows 7 acer computer. Wondering if viruses can get into factory reset folders and stay with the system even after full factory reset? How to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TactileSiren921, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Factory reset files have a virus?

Using windows 7 acer computer. Wondering if viruses can get into factory reset folders and stay with the system even after full factory reset? How to genuine fix if they can? Thanks.

:)

TactileSiren921, Aug 31, 2019

2. Save files before resetting to factory settings

Hi Camille, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps:

Advanced Options - Automatic Repair screen - Command Prompt. Type there ‘notepad.exe’.

Notepad window –click on File. Open to locate the files that you’d like to copy to the USB.

Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Copy the files and folders that you want to save. Paste them in a new folder on the USB drive. Safe you the files you need repeating the above steps.

Once done, proceed with resetting your PC to factory settings.

NighthawkX, Aug 31, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Aug 31, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Factory reset files have a virus?

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Factory reset files have a virus?

1. Factory reset files have a virus? - Similar Threads - Factory reset files

2. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble factory resetting: I traded a laptop for a pc with my brother and been trying to get it to factory reset I gotten a error then the search bar and the window start stopped working tried repair but also got a error and got no clue what to do now...
  3. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble factory resetting: I traded a laptop for a pc with my brother and been trying to get it to factory reset I gotten a error then the search bar and the window start stopped working tried repair but also got a error and got no clue what to do now...
  4. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. should i factory reset or is there a way to fix this, and do/did i have a virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should i factory reset or is there a way to fix this, and do/did i have a virus: So unfortunatley i was HWID banned and wanted to fix it so i used a spoofer from a random person on discord i know its very dumb and after it said it reset my hwid and cleaned my pc and stuff i had to reboot my pc and put it in safe mode because it wouldnt boot up. after i...
  6. should i factory reset or is there a way to fix this, and do/did i have a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should i factory reset or is there a way to fix this, and do/did i have a virus: So unfortunatley i was HWID banned and wanted to fix it so i used a spoofer from a random person on discord i know its very dumb and after it said it reset my hwid and cleaned my pc and stuff i had to reboot my pc and put it in safe mode because it wouldnt boot up. after i...
  7. Factory Reset and Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset and Files: Quick summary: When factory resetting with the "Keep My Files" setting on, will it delete files outside of the Personal Folders even when they are associated with apps or folders in the Personal Folder?I have reason to believe that something is gumming up how my computer...
  8. Can a virus bypass a factory reset?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a virus bypass a factory reset?: Hi, I recently had a run in with a hacker who potentially put a R.A.T on my computer I have factory reset computer in a panic attempt to remove it. My friend told me that certian R.A.Ts can bypass factory resetting by making windows think that it is the windows key and...
  9. Virus Factory Reset Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Factory Reset Problem: Hello there, I have this massive problem where a virus has hijacked the command prompt thus leaving me not to be able to do anything about it. I tried all possible solutions including booting in the safe mode and fixing it. I simply gave up and went to factory reset my PC....
  10. Factory reset vs reset keeping files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset vs reset keeping files: I'm going to reset my PC because I have corrupt audio drivers. Will the bootup times be the same if I chose to reset with my files instead of a factory reset? Will I remove potential viruses and such? What i'm trying to ask is what advantages do I get when factory reseting....