Windows 10: Factory Reset Image

Discus and support Factory Reset Image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So i bought this used Asus Tuf laptop (FX505DT) and it looks like the previous owner clean wiped the ssd and installed the new window 10 on it. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ryan1991, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Ryan1991 Win User

Factory Reset Image

So i bought this used Asus Tuf laptop (FX505DT) and it looks like the previous owner clean wiped the ssd and installed the new window 10 on it. But when i rested the laptop again , i had to install the sound and wifi drivers because they were not getting installed when i freshly installed the window again. Anyway my question is, can i somehow get the factory reset copy of the window which the previous wiped out so i dont have to install all the drivers from the asus support website whenever i factory reset the laptop again? TIA

:)

Ryan1991, Jan 6, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Jan 7, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 7, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Factory Reset Image

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Factory Reset Image

1. Factory Reset Image - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Image

2. Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset: Recently I factory Reset my laptop and now it’s making me sign into my old account and when I put in the correct password it is telling me “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.” I have factory reset it multiple times and nothing has changed even in recovery...
  3. Factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset: I have an old computer at work that I need to remove all data from but I do not have to password to it and it does not have a power button on the login screen. I believe it might have windows 10 on it but I am not certain. What can I do?...
  4. Factory reset

Factory reset: I made the unfortunate mistake of messing with various things in the registry of a hp desktop computer. After messing with stuff, and then loaded a past restore point which seemed normal and the computer restarted with no problem. An hour later, after turning on the pc, I got...
  5. Factory reset

Factory reset: Hi, I had to reset my notebook Asus TUF Gaming FX504GE into factory settings. But now, when the resetting is completed, the Windows version remained as it was before resetting, as well as the drivers and the problem, which I had sound dropping, stuttering, crackling is still...
  6. factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    factory reset: hello so a while back I couldn't use the "reset my pc" option on my windows tablet until I upgraded to windows 1803 then something went very wrong and almost everything was not functioning the only thing that still worked was the system troubleshooting menu for when your...
  7. Factory Reset Image

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset Image: So i bought this used Asus Tuf laptop (FX505DT) and it looks like the previous owner clean wiped the ssd and installed the new window 10 on it. But when i rested the laptop again , i had to install the sound and wifi drivers because they were not getting installed when i...
  8. Factory Reset

Factory Reset: Hi, I am trying to factory reset my sisters laptop. I have tried downloading a link thing to a usb and putting the usb into the laptop im trying to reset but it wont work. I cant find any videos on youtube or any information on how to do it. I think her laptop is a levovo...
  9. Factory reset

Factory reset: I have a ton of downloads on my computer thats slowing it down i need to factory reset it but it keeps getting a failure error and says nothings been changed after it hits close to 6%...
  10. factory reset

factory reset: windows 10 has been factory reset but I cannot reinstall my personal settings and data saved on external hardrive. I cant find how to do this anywhere. Information such as my outlook settings with my contact list and old emails, can you help....