Windows 10: Factory Reset Issues

Discus and support Factory Reset Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to factory reset my computer on windows 10. When I go to factory reset it it will not recognize the keyboard or mouse. I tried to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hale97., May 10, 2020.

1. hale97. Win User

Factory Reset Issues

I want to factory reset my computer on windows 10. When I go to factory reset it it will not recognize the keyboard or mouse. I tried to download windows on a flash drive as a boot stick from windows website, it goes through some pages then it says windows is already installed and won't let me.

:)

hale97., May 10, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, May 10, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Factory Reset

Hi Cameron,

Since you did a factory reset on your computer, possibly the outdated network adapter driver causes the connection issue. Just for clarification, did you install the updated network drivers? If not, we suggest that you update the Network adapter driver.

• Go to Device Manager, then click Network adapters and select the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, restart the computer.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, May 10, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Factory Reset Issues

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Factory Reset Issues

1. Factory Reset Issues - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Issues

2. FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!: PLEASE HELP!!! I am trying to factory reset my laptop and it says 'could not find recovery environment' then I tried reagent c/enable in command prompt but it said the windows RE image was not found , so tried to make a recovery a recovery drive cause a post said that might...
  3. FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!: PLEASE HELP!!! I am trying to factory reset my laptop and it says 'could not find recovery environment' then I tried reagent c/enable in command prompt but it said the windows RE image was not found , so tried to make a recovery a recovery drive cause a post said that might...
  4. FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Issues with Factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Factory reset: Hi all. I just factory reset my PC and cleared the drive as I want to sell it. It’s rebooted after the reset and my account is still there, I can log into it though so it must’ve reset. The issue is the only account there is my old one, I do have the option to create a new...
  6. Factory Reset Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset Issue: I tried to factory reset my windows 10 computer it's about 13 years old and now it's just restarting constantly. The moniter won't turn on or anything. I tried so many things to get it to work or atleast something. I don't know what to do....
  7. Factory Reset Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Factory Reset Issue: I tried to factory reset my windows 10 computer it's about 13 years old and now it's just restarting constantly. The moniter won't turn on or anything. I tried so many things to get it to work or atleast something. I don't know what to do....
  8. factory reset issue

factory reset issue: ok so i decided to factory reset my pc because i had a lot of stuff i didnt need and wanted more fps and i picked the remove all option the option that says it cleans it and makes it more secure and the reinstall windows option instead of download option. Its been around an...
  9. Factory reset issue

Factory reset issue: Hello guys or girls hope you all are doing good, I factory reset my computer and it constantly comes back to this page after the initial reset and continues to do so every time I continue to click next and then the following image appears after. I don’t know what to do as i...
  10. factory reset issues

factory reset issues: So about 2-3 months ago i factory reset my lenovo gaming laptop, i think its y700 with 8gb ddr4 ram and nvidia 980 gtx. but i was trying to sell it and i wanted to factory reset it and remove everything which is what i selected. so i since then have been trying to go through...