Windows 10: Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

Discus and support Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro shortly after purchasing it because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AllenRaymer, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

Hello,

I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro shortly after purchasing it because I wanted to encrypt my hard drive with Bitlocker. However, shortly after upgrading I began having a problem where the default program type for many files was "TWINUI," with no option to change it to the correct program for that file type (you can find several people who encounter this by googling "TWINUI bug.") I read that this problem could be solved by running the System File Checker command "sfc /scannow" in cmd with admin privileges, which I did. However, after the scan I was given the message"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."Eventually I decided to use the "Reset this PC" option in Windows to completely reinstall it. However, I still get the same result when I run sfc.

Now, I just want to do a complete factory reset on my laptop, bringing it back to how it was when I purchased it, and then upgrading to Windows 10 Pro again. My only worry is that I'll lose the upgrade when I do the factory reset. I've read that the license is tied to my Microsoft account, but I want to be sure I can install it again after the reset. Will this be a problem? How should I go about it?

Thanks

:)

AllenRaymer, Oct 31, 2018

2. Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

Thanks Again, Pedro

I've run all the commands you've suggested, but I still get the "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" error after running "sfc /scannow".

Also, thanks for explaining the difference with the other method you recommended (using a downloaded iso file). I think I'll try that before going ahead with a full factory reset.

I was also able to find the product key using the command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

If I have that product key, does that mean that I will be able to reinstall my Windows 10 Pro upgrade after doing a factory reset?

If reinstalling Windows the way you recommend works, then I won't even have to worry about it. However, it might still be useful to know in the future if I run into a problem like my hard drive crashing.

EDIT: Just after posting this I found the following on the link you shared:

Windows 10 Pro Pack key
    When you purchase a Windows 10 Pro Pack using the
    Easy Upgrade
    option in Windows 10 Home, you don’t receive a product key. Instead, the

digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account
    ; used to make the purchase. If you decide to transfer the Windows 10 Pro Pack to another computer, you can do so using the

Activation Troubleshooter

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Pack Key to a new Computer

1. Open Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshooter.
    2. Sign in with your Microsoft Account used to purchase the Pro Pack license.
    3. After troubleshooting is completed, Windows 10 will indicate a digital license for Windows 10 Pro has been found.
    4. Click Activate Windows then follow the on-screen wizard.
    This is from: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/find-your-windows-10-product-key/

I think that's what I've been looking for. Thanks!

ChrisCrossCrash, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

Hello,

I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro shortly after purchasing it because I wanted to encrypt my hard drive with Bitlocker. However, shortly after upgrading I began having a problem where
    the default program type for many files was "TWINUI," with no option to change it to the correct program for that file type (you can find several people who encounter this by googling "TWINUI bug.") I read that this problem could be solved by running the System
    File Checker command "sfc /scannow" in cmd with admin privileges, which I did. However, after the scan I was given the message
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    Eventually I decided to use the "Reset this PC" option in Windows to completely reinstall it. However, I still get the same result when I run sfc.

Now, I just want to do a complete factory reset on my laptop, bringing it back to how it was when I purchased it, and then upgrading to Windows 10 Pro again. My only worry is that I'll lose the upgrade when I do the factory reset. I've read that the license
    is tied to my Microsoft account, but I want to be sure I can install it again after the reset. Will this be a problem? How should I go about it?

Thanks

ChrisCrossCrash, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

1. Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Laptop

2. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  3. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  4. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8: I believe the pc I'm using started with Windows 7 because it has a sticker on it and is now on Windows 8 pro according to what it says on the bottom right of the screen. I'm wondering if I need the Windows 7 installation media to factory reset it? I've downloaded the windows...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 after factory reset: Hi, My hp laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed. I updated to windows 10 when the offer was available. As my system's usage of ram, disk and cpu are high even on idle, I want to do a factory reset. If I do the factory reset my pc will go back to windows 8.1. Would I be...
  7. Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset: Hi guys, my laptop have an issue where i need to reset it. It was originally windows 8.1. After i reset my laptop, can i upgrade it back to windows 10? submitted by /u/darkflash931 [link] [comments]...
  8. activation of Windows 10 pro after factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation of Windows 10 pro after factory reset: I reset my computer and I am getting a Windows 10 Pro activation code. the laptop had windows 7 and was upgraded, How do I get my windows 10 pro activated?...
  9. upgrading to windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I upgraded for free from windows 7 to windows 10 home a few years back. I just had to reset my computer to factory settings, and it seems it is stuck on windows 7 service pack 1. How do I get windows 10 ?...
  10. Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade: I have a small laptop running Windows 8 that I'd like to give to a friend after I install Windows 10. If I do a factory reset to remove all my stuff, will it retain Windows 10 or will it revert back to 8? 18379

Users found this page by searching for:

1. factory reset after windows 10 pro upgrade

2. if i reset my pc after upgrading to windows pro 10 will it stay

3. upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 toshiba factory reset setting not find

4. how to upgrade to windows 10 pro following factory reset,
  5. reset pc after windows 10 pro upgrade,
  6. reset windows 10 after upgrading to pro