Windows 10: Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7

Discus and support Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a factory reset on my Surface to erase my work account. From all looks it seems fine. But I can not click on the start menu and see any apps I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlyssiaWalowski, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7

I did a factory reset on my Surface to erase my work account. From all looks it seems fine. But I can not click on the start menu and see any apps I can't type in the search field, or basically do anything. When I open edge it opens and then closes. But if I right click on the desktop I can open email and all the office apps. Anyone have any idea on what to do?

:)

AlyssiaWalowski, Jan 3, 2019

2. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Nicros Win User
    How to do a true factory reset on surface pro 5?

I have a surface pro 5 that I bought for work and then they installed some software on it that allows me to VPN, restricts sign on options (no windows hello), prevents access to unknown local networks, etc. I've decided to get a new system, and want to do a complete wipe of the surface so that I can use windows hello and all the other cool stuff.

I went thought the process of a 'factory reset' which is the only thing I can find online. But after that was finished, I still see 'Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization' preventing me from changing my sign in options. So there's still some work related software hanging out somewhere.

What do I need to do to absolutely nuke everything in bios or whatever that allows me to restore the system to the state it was in when it arrived in the box?

Nicros, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

The error “A required drive partition is missing” usually occurs when you attempt a system reset or refresh in Windows and the MBR or BCD record is corrupted.

I would suggest you to create a recovery drive. You may go through this article on ‘Creating
    and using a USB recovery drive
    ’ to get you through this. Please follow the steps on ‘How to reset your Surface to factory conditions using a downloaded recovery image’ in the same article to get you through the factory reset.

Disclaimer: A reset returns your Surface to its factory settings. It deletes all of your personal files, resets your settings, and removes all apps that you installed.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7

1. Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7 - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Surface

2. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  3. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  4. Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings: Hi, Since I no longer use my surface Pro for my business, I want to reset the device and start from scratch. I'm not nervous about doing this and understand it might take a while for the system to update the latest patches, but I can live with that. I am twitchy about...
  5. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  6. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  7. Cannot Factory Reset Surface Pro 1

Cannot Factory Reset Surface Pro 1: I found my surface after it being lost for a year. It is connected to a Microsoft account that I have since deleted. I tried to recover the account but Microsoft says it doesn't recognize iteven though my surface is pulling it up. I tried to reset and fully clean the drive in...
  8. Will not factory reset- Surface Pro 6 Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will not factory reset- Surface Pro 6 Windows10: I have attempted to reset my computer both saving files and well as factory reset, neither completed. Error read that it was unable to complete and that nothing had changed. I did try the suggested command prompt way and it stated failed. Please help!...
  9. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 5: Hi everyone! My Surface is stuck in an "infinite boot loop" I have done everything to try and fix it. I already tried to use the Recovery Media Tool on a USB, however, no drives come up when I try to reinstall windows. So, I then tried to manually create a partition drive in...
  10. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM: The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore. I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults. The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed. Now it is in a reboot loop. I have tried several times and now it gives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset surface pro 5

2. factory reset surface pro 7

3. surface pro 5 factory reset

4. clear surface pro 5 windows,
  5. factory reset surface 7,
  6. surface pro 5 リセット,
  7. i am not able to factory reset surface pro 5,
  8. no factory reset on surface pro 5???,
  9. resetear surface pro 5,
  10. reset surfsce pro 5,
  11. factory reset surface pro 5,