Windows 10: Factory reset, other user?

Discus and support Factory reset, other user? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I just bought my friends 2nd hand laptop. He factory reset it twice because the first time it went back to his profile. After the second time it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JackVerhoef, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Factory reset, other user?

So I just bought my friends 2nd hand laptop. He factory reset it twice because the first time it went back to his profile. After the second time it seemed good so he sent it to me. When I got the laptop it had no set up options. Instead it just had a login screen for "other user". Asking for a username and password. I tryed mine and my friends but neither worked. I tryed restarting in safe mode but there was no administration accounts. I have factory reset it twice more but each time I end up at the same place.

:)

JackVerhoef, Mar 5, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 5, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Factory reset, other user?

Cannot login after Factory reset stuck on Other Users page

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Which OS is currently installed or returned to after Factory Settings?

As per the information that you have provided, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below:

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• If on Windows 7 press F8
      upon restart after the manufacturers logo appears. If on Windows 8,8.1 press
      Shift key and then Restart to access Safe Mode.
    • Then access command prompt (admin) and type:
      net user administrator /active:yes
      (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: Administrator Account.

Log in through the in built admin account, create a new administrator account and check if you can log in. If you are able to log into the new account, deactivate the inbuilt admin account.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Factory reset, other user?

1. Factory reset, other user? - Similar Threads - Factory reset user

2. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  3. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  4. User not loading after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User not loading after factory reset: So I factory reset my laptop because I was having problems with it then after the reset it had a loading screen “undoing changes” I thought that was part of the process so I just went with it after the reset it brought me back to the login screen which is weird after a...
  5. Performed a factory reset on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Performed a factory reset on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created...: I performed a factory reset on my Lenovo laptop, running windows 10. After a few hours, when the laptop rebooted, I was presented with the "other users" login screen. I sort of expected to be prompted through setting up the unit as if it were new, but this did not happen....
  6. PERMISSIONS FOR FACTORY RESET AND OTHERS AS WELL

PERMISSIONS FOR FACTORY RESET AND OTHERS AS WELL: When asked for permission to make changes to my device there is no YES button, only NO. Also it asks for administrator and password yet there is nowhere to type anything. Can someone please help, I've had this laptop for 5 months and the only issue it shows wrong is a DRIVER...
  7. Reset/other user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset/other user: I wanted to reset my laptop to give it a new start. So I reset and removed all my files. After when it turned on again, it showed other user and now I don't know what to do plz help for gods sake. Plz don't say to do the hold shift and restart, and go to startup settings....
  8. Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.

Factory Reset and it created "other user" account.: Hello I just did a factory reset on my wife's HP laptop because one of our teens got a virus on it. But after completing the factory reset on the computer it reset its self and boots up and brings you to the prompt page where you normally go if to sign in. But there is now...
  9. Factory Reset Now Asking for “Other User”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Factory Reset Now Asking for “Other User”: Hello! Today, my boyfriends grandmother gave me her old new laptop from about 12/2016. After he helped her get her stuff off and onto her new one, he reset it to factory setting. After it rebooted for a few hours, it began asking for “Other User” to login. We have tried...
  10. Factory Reset and other user created

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Factory Reset and other user created: Hi, I had purchased a new lenovo laptop with preinstalled windows 10. After using 5 to 6 days, the system became little bit slow. So I did factory reset and post the process had been completed, I got a login page where it is asking for other user log in credentials and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. factory reset other user

2. Other user windows Reset