Windows 10: factory reset question

Discus and support factory reset question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a windows 7 laptop that was upgraded to 10 with free upgrade. I am selling it and i am wondering if i perform factory reset will it revert back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by karenstevens5, Jan 5, 2020.

1. factory reset question

I have a windows 7 laptop that was upgraded to 10 with free upgrade. I am selling it and i am wondering if i perform factory reset will it revert back to 7 or stay with 10?

:)

karenstevens5, Jan 5, 2020

2. Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jan 5, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 5, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

factory reset question

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

factory reset question

1. factory reset question - Similar Threads - factory reset question

2. Factory reset question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset question: Hello, I'm wondering if i factory reset my pc will it only reset the C: drive or the other drives like D: or E:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-question/ab9b8823-1285-4961-8e78-df08d2f1e3f4
  3. Factory reset question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset question: Hello, I'm wondering if i factory reset my pc will it only reset the C: drive or the other drives like D: or E:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-question/ab9b8823-1285-4961-8e78-df08d2f1e3f4
  4. Factory reset question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory Reset questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Reset questions: I think I have some sort of virus(s?) on my computer that's messing with its performance and storage. I've been planning on getting a factory reset, but it gives me a lot of anxiety because I don't know where to start or what to do in terms of preparation. I play a lot of...
  6. Factory Reset Questions

Factory Reset Questions: I’m looking to factory reset due to potential viruses and wanting to clean my system overall, what will happen to my save games? like watch dogs saves or assassins creed saves, will it reset my games too? submitted by /u/JewishJah69 [link] [comments]...
  7. Question on factory reset

Question on factory reset: Hello everyone, I want to do a factory reset on my windows 10 pc, saving my personal files on a external storage. The problem is that i bought this pc years ago with windows 8.1 on it. Later i did the free upgrade to windows 10 as soon as it came out. Now my question is...
  8. Factory reset question

Factory reset question: Do I need to be connected to the internet for it to factory reset. I bought a laptop that, nitro 5. I'm not happy with it. And thats why I ask this. Last time I tried this it said problems trying factory reset and it did factory reset. submitted by /u/Shulk-skywalker...
  9. Factory Reset Question

Factory Reset Question: I bought my laptop with windows 8 on it, I later upgraded to windows 10, If i attempt a factory reset, which version will end up on the laptop after the reset? And is there anything alse I have to know about before attempting a factory reset? submitted by /u/julius_33...
  10. A Question Regarding Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Question Regarding Factory Reset: I Initially had a Windows 7 PC. Then I got the free update to Windows 10 Home a while ago like a lot of people did. My PC has been running really slow for a while now, and so I've been considering just wiping it clean through a factory reset. But I was wondering if doing that...