Windows 10: Factory reset reinstall error, and black screen in safe mode

Discus and support Factory reset reinstall error, and black screen in safe mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I factory reset Windows, and after reinstalling, during initial setup, after I chose the keyboard layout, it would tell me "Something went wrong,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kinkpad, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Factory reset reinstall error, and black screen in safe mode

So I factory reset Windows, and after reinstalling, during initial setup, after I chose the keyboard layout, it would tell me "Something went wrong, try again". When I click "try again" it just repeats the same message.

So I booted into the Windows Recovery Environment, and entered safe mode. I read that repairing the drivers in safe mode might fix the issue. But when I enter safe mode, the normal interface appears for a second, then disappears. I'm left with a black screen and the cursor. I'm able to open Task Manager using ctrl+shift+esc, I open device manager by running devmgmt.msc, but although I can see device manager running in the task manager list of processes, device manager is not visible on the screen. Right-click on the task + bring to front doesn't work. So I cannot proceed with anything now because even safe mode doesn't work.

I also ran Startup Repair and it couldn't fix anything. I had no idea what is causing all this.

submitted by /u/kinkpad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kinkpad, Jul 17, 2020

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Black Screen in Safe Mode only!

I am having trouble getting into safe mode, after I type my password, I get a black screen with nothing on it, the screen is lit up but black. It works in normal mode just not Safe Mode, I Googled 'Windows 10 Safe Mode black screen' but only results show telling you to go into Safe Mode to fix the problem, there is nothing regarding this problem in safe mode alone. This is a Windows tablet so removing cables, uninstalling/reinstalling or trying a new video card is not possible here. Tweaking.com told me to restart into Safe Mode to use the application and now I am stuck, the program will not clear the safe mode flag from the boot until I run the program which I cannot because of this issue.

Ornithophilia, Jul 17, 2020
  4. dazb2000 Win User

Factory reset reinstall error, and black screen in safe mode

Win 10 factory reset failure

recently did a factory reset on my Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop (Build Nov 2016, i7, 8Gb, AMD R7 m445 graphics) to try and repair some long standing bugs I had encountered during previous attempts at Win10 updates. Unfortunately after completing the reset, the laptop boots up, displays the Dell logo, the blue startup bar completes, then goes to a black screen. Forcing a hard reboot, Win10 diagnoses and attempts to repair itself, but does not find any problems. If allowed to continue its again goes to black screen & nothing. After reading numerous forums I have tried the following:

* Disconnected any plug in devices ie mouse, usb etc - nothing

* Let sit overnight in black screen – nothing

* Reset to factory setting x 2 – nothing

* Reset Bios to default – nothing

* Advanced Settings Windows repair – nothing

* Advanced Settings Reinstall to previous – cannot do as reset has wiped all restored points .

* Boot to Safe Mode – Error message “Windows cannot complete installation in Safe mode. To continue installing windows, restart the computer” – back to black screen.

* In CMD; scf /scannow – no problems identified

* Downloaded & created Win10 ISO to usb – booted to this & tried repair to computer but no change & back to black screen on restart.

* In CMD; bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /scanos, bootrec /rebuildbcd – no problems, but did identify that number of operating systems = 0

I am not a tech expert by any means, so have been reluctant to go fiddling around much in the BIOS at this stage. I thought a factory reset was supposed to resolve these issues, not create more. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try as I have run out of things to try get a restart, before I have to try and find an computer expert to repair this.

thanks

dazb2000, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Factory reset reinstall error, and black screen in safe mode

1. Factory reset reinstall error, and black screen in safe mode - Similar Threads - Factory reset reinstall

2. White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail: After initialization failed, a white screen appeared in Safe Mode. In addition, a message appears stating that the logon process by the User Profile Service failed and I cannot log on. Please let me know what to do....
  3. White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail: After initialization failed, a white screen appeared in Safe Mode. In addition, a message appears stating that the logon process by the User Profile Service failed and I cannot log on. Please let me know what to do....
  4. White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen in safe mode.

Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  6. White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail.: I tried to perform a factory reset, following the proper instructions. It suddenly said it was "undoing changes" about 1/3 of the way through. Now I can't properly reset it or even log in. And on top of that, when I go into safety mode, it just shows a white screen with no...
  7. White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail.: I tried to perform a factory reset, following the proper instructions. It suddenly said it was "undoing changes" about 1/3 of the way through. Now I can't properly reset it or even log in. And on top of that, when I go into safety mode, it just shows a white screen with no...
  8. White screen in safe mode after factory reset fail.

9. Black screen in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in Safe Mode: Hello, I'm using Windows 10. I wanted to go to Safe Mode to solve some issues with Discord. I did so by pressing Restart while holding the Shift Key. The description says I should see a list with startup options. Instead, the screen is black and the monitor receives no...
  10. safe mode black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    safe mode black screen: Check your nearby greenback store, craft shop or garden center for little, decorative rocks to scatter on tables. It is apparent that the 104 LED cord on a waist higher shrub will lose the shrub in the midst of the lights. As we move towards a greener environment, the...