Windows 10: Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts

Discus and support Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all Since I refreshed (factory restored) my win10 home laptop, it wants to creates admin accounts all by itself. This happens every 2 or 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allend66, Dec 14, 2015.

1. allend66 Win User

Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts

Hi all

Since I refreshed (factory restored) my win10 home laptop, it wants to creates admin accounts all by itself.

This happens every 2 or 3 reboots, and the admin accounts appear at the logon screen.
    Before the refresh it booted to my log on. Now it boots to a list of accounts. First the inbuilt admin account appeared, which I tried to get rid of by the tutorial (net user administrator /active:no in elevated cmd).

Sure enough after a couple of reboots it was back again. I tried leaving it and after a couple of bootups, another admin account appeared, this time with a user name and password (the inbuilt admin account didn't have a username, just password)

Does anybody have idea what the heck is going on? (absolutely NOBODY else has access to my PC)
    Thanks
    D

:)

allend66, Dec 14, 2015

2. Someone has taken over admin of one of my computers, I bought a new one and it is hacked also!

I do not know how to disable the administrator account but I have factory reset my computer and am using a different account.

LoriBerkenmeier, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Factory Reset

I forgot the password I used for the NuVision windows 10 tablet/pc and now I need to factory reset the tablet. The administrator account associated with it is no longer in use and I have no access to
    it. How do proceed to factory reset the tablet?

RonLane775, Dec 14, 2015
  4. AndreyT Win User

What is the name of that "another admin account" that appeared in addition to the usual built-in administrator?

AndreyT, Dec 14, 2015
  5. allend66 Win User
    "Administrator"

Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts [​IMG]

Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts [​IMG]

allend66, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts - Similar Threads - Factory reset spawns

2. sppredist.msi spawning startcubeatinstall.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sppredist.msi spawning startcubeatinstall.exe: Hi, I came across an alert in our EDR tool and looking into it gave me some information on what happened. I can see that sppredist.msi was triggered which spawned msiexec.exe and then msiexec tried to install startcubeatinstall.exe.Sppredist.msi - "The file "sppredist.msi"...
  3. How do i factory reset only the built in administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i factory reset only the built in administrator account?: How do i factory reset and erase all data on the local built in administrator account without affecting other users on the same computer or affecting others on the same school network?...
  4. How do i factory reset only the built in administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i factory reset only the built in administrator account?: How do i factory reset and erase all data on the local built in administrator account without affecting other users on the same computer or affecting others on the same school network?...
  5. Account Error after factory reset

Account Error after factory reset: My friend recently was given a PC, and factory reseted it so it could be his, however after reseting it, the old profiles are still there on the login. There isnt a way to login or do anything, it gives the error "the user profile service service failed, the sign-in user...
  6. Administrator password is not working for Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator password is not working for Factory Reset: A friend of mine sold his old PC to me and a factory reset was performed, when entering his Pin, a message pops up "User Profile Service Failed Logon." I tried going into Safemode to reset password, tried the disk reset, nothing has worked as of now. Not sure what else I can...
  7. Administrator password is not working for Factory Reset

Administrator password is not working for Factory Reset: A friend of mine sold his old PC to me and a factory reset was performed, when entering his Pin, a message pops up "User Profile Service Failed Logon." I tried going into Safemode to reset password, tried the disk reset, nothing has worked as of now. Not sure what else I can...
  8. Does a factory reset remove administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does a factory reset remove administrator?: I ran some application as an administrator, everything worked except for pop ups every few minutes and a Google extension put on my chrome which I had no control of. I used Malwarebytes and I got rid of the popups but the administrator virus removed my wifi? Here's how it is:...
  9. Resetting Administrator Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting Administrator Account: My son just managed to delete my account where I was the administrator. He is no longer on the system either. Based on this, I managed to log in as a local user but I do not have any administration rights. I realise Windows has a systems administrator, but how do you...
  10. Administrator account reset itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator account reset itself: Hi there would anyone be able to help? I was having issues with some desktop software and their support wanted to set up "hidden administrator" to test the issue. (My laptop had one user account, which is the only account on the machine, and was already an admin account)....