Windows 10: factory reset stalled at last restart

Discus and support factory reset stalled at last restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I did a complete restore clean drives and all it got to the screen that lets you pick country time zone etc. It gives a message that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Not tellnYou, Mar 2, 2019.

1. factory reset stalled at last restart

When I did a complete restore clean drives and all it got to the screen that lets you pick country time zone etc. It gives a message that says

Windows had trouble restarting. We think an update may fix this if you have wifi select it on next screen or use an ethernet cable.

I follow the prompts when finished the screen goes to the black dell logo screen with the loading graphics. i wait then the same message pops up again and i have to do it all over again.

:)

Not tellnYou, Mar 2, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 2, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Marby Rey Win User

factory reset stalled at last restart

Factory Reset

Hi Cameron,

Since you did a factory reset on your computer, possibly the outdated network adapter driver causes the connection issue. Just for clarification, did you install the updated network drivers? If not, we suggest that you update the Network adapter driver.

• Go to Device Manager, then click Network adapters and select the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, restart the computer.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

factory reset stalled at last restart

1. factory reset stalled at last restart - Similar Threads - factory reset stalled

2. Factory reset turned into restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset turned into restart loop: I have a hp computer running windows 10 and had a issue wile updating drivers and got put on the problem page and couldn’t get off of it. I decided to just reset and get rid of my files but during it the percent for resetting finished and went straight into a reset loop it...
  3. Factory reset turned into restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset turned into restart loop: I have a hp computer running windows 10 and had a issue wile updating drivers and got put on the problem page and couldn’t get off of it. I decided to just reset and get rid of my files but during it the percent for resetting finished and went straight into a reset loop it...
  4. Factory reset turned into restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I'm in a factory reset restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm in a factory reset restart loop: The computer restarted unexpectedly in or in a counter an expected error windows installations cannot proceed to install windows click OK to restart the computer and then start the installation loop in loop...
  6. Pc restart loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pc restart loop after factory reset: I recently did a factory reset on my dell laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the setup i put in my country, app language, keyboard layout, and timezone then i got an error message basicaly saying it needs an update and to plug it in and connect it to wifi...
  7. Pc restart loop after factory reset

Pc restart loop after factory reset: I recently did a factory reset on my dell laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the setup i put in my country, app language, keyboard layout, and timezone then i got an error message basicaly saying it needs an update and to plug it in and connect it to wifi...
  8. Restart Loop After Factory Reset

Restart Loop After Factory Reset: I've tried doing reseach on what the problem is, and from what I've gathered, this is a bug, but I havent seen anyone say how I can fix it w/o having to download something. But heres my story: My laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 that I've had for about 2 years now, was running slow...
  9. Restarted while doing a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarted while doing a factory reset: So while i was doing a factory reseted i restarted the pc because i wanted to cancel but it didn’t then after it restarted it gave me me a error saying pls install an operating system in hard disk and hard disk (3FO) and i have a windows 10 latop...
  10. Reset Stalled

Reset Stalled: I am not sure if this is the right topic for this. I was having network issues with my laptop and decided to reset because I could not find a cause for the problem. The reset has been at ‘resetting this pc 42%’ for two hours now. How do I know if it has stalled or is...