Windows 10: Factory Reset Stuck at 99%

Discus and support Factory Reset Stuck at 99% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday I full on factory reset my computer because it was running weird in certain games. I started it at around 1pm yesterday, it got to 99% at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Venomx2KK, May 6, 2020.

1. Factory Reset Stuck at 99%

So yesterday I full on factory reset my computer because it was running weird in certain games. I started it at around 1pm yesterday, it got to 99% at around 5pm, and it is now 10am the next day, and still stuck at 99%. Should I turn it off, or let it keep going?

Edit: My hard drive is 1 terabyte if that helps.

submitted by /u/Venomx2KK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Venomx2KK, May 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 factory reset stuck at 99%

I decided to perform a complete factory reset (remove all files and data) on my laptop running Windows 10 as the performance was low. It has been 24 hours and it is still stuck at 99%. I want to ask if this is normal when performing factory reset. Should
    I wait more or restart?

Laptop specs-

Make- Lenovo Z50-70

Intel i5-4210U 1.7GHz

4GB RAM

1 TB HDD

Windows 10 OS

Thanks.

PaarthAsthana, May 6, 2020
  3. NaXu Win User
    Laptop factory reset stuck at 99%

Hi.

I have an Acer laptop. I bought it a year ago and it came with Windows 8.1. This laptop has been updated to Windows 10 last month and it's running slow recently, so I've decided to reset it to factory settings. I used the recovery tool in settings and clicked
    on "remove everything" and "clean up the drive" options.

Now the laptop stuck on the starting screen that says "resetting this PC 99%" for about an hour.

I did did deleted the Windows.old folder using the disk clean up tool after I updated to Windows 10. Is this why it's unable to reset to factory settings? What should I do now?

Thanks!

NaXu, May 6, 2020
  4. Factory Reset Stuck at 99%

Laptop factory reset stuck at 99%

I am having the same issue with my laptop. I'm doing a full factory reset and the screen has said 99% for over 5 hours. I had 600g of data split across 2 drives. Is this normal for it to take this long on the last percent ? I know I should just be patient,
    in scared to turn the computer off and back on because I don't won't to lose all progress and in turn have to do this again. Any other suggestions ? Or should I just stick it out for another day and night and just see what happens. Let me know what you think.

JaimeGraham93, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Factory Reset Stuck at 99%

1. Factory Reset Stuck at 99% - Similar Threads - Factory Reset Stuck

2. Resetting this PC stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting this PC stuck at 99%: I wanted to reset my PC to give it a fresh start and then it got stuck at 99% for more than a hour now please help me.My operating system is Windows 11 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-this-pc-stuck-at-99/50d3650a-baf2-4390-b582-e24aeb160474
  3. Resetting this PC stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting this PC stuck at 99%: I wanted to reset my PC to give it a fresh start and then it got stuck at 99% for more than a hour now please help me.My operating system is Windows 11 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-this-pc-stuck-at-99/50d3650a-baf2-4390-b582-e24aeb160474
  4. Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours: Hello, yesterday I decided to do a factory reset on my HP OMEN 15 (I'm planning to sell it). Everything was going well (I'm aware that this can last several hours), but then it got stuck at 99%, so I waited until the next day. Now it's around 6pm and it's still stuck on that...
  5. PC Reset Stuck at 99%

PC Reset Stuck at 99%: I decided to completely wipe my PC because it has about 6 years worth of tons and tons of files on it, which frankly I only really use 30% of, so naturally I figured it’d be healthy to wipe everything and organize it a bit more. I used Windows’ PC reset feature and it has...
  6. Resetting this PC Stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting this PC Stuck at 99%: So I'm selling my old pc to upgrade to a new one and wanted to wipe the hard drive and SSD so I could sell it. I reset the pc and used a cloud download to reinstall windows, and checked the clean data box to completely wipe it. I started that at 11 am yesterday, by about 5pm...
  7. Reset stuck at 99%

Reset stuck at 99%: So i started the reset of my pc 15 hours ago. It took 5-6 hours to go to 99% , and now its still not finished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-stuck-at-99/5d43572e-a6e3-4ceb-8a72-9558b1934818
  8. Reset This PC Stuck at 99%

Reset This PC Stuck at 99%: I'm trying to reset my pc to clear all the accumulated junk off it, so I reset it, but it is stuck at 99% and has been for 5 hours now, what do i do? submitted by /u/SnEamonLemon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk0frt/reset_this_pc_stuck_at_99/
  9. Factory reset stuck at 99%

Factory reset stuck at 99%: I decided to reset my computer a couple days ago. However it has been at 99% for around 60 hours. Any way to fix this problem? Or should I just leave it? submitted by /u/Japperley23 [link] [comments]...
  10. Factory Reset Stuck On 99%

Factory Reset Stuck On 99%: My PC has now been stuck on 99% for about 15 hours now, this is defiantly not normal. Can someone please help me fix my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-stuck-on-99/978cbceb-ed4b-41fd-8c50-b4873b11449a