Windows 10: Factory reset stuck on 35%

Discus and support Factory reset stuck on 35% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’m trying to clean my laptop completely because I’m going to sell it, but when I proceeded with the factory reset, it got stuck on 35% and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YTMrHatena, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Factory reset stuck on 35%

So I’m trying to clean my laptop completely because I’m going to sell it, but when I proceeded with the factory reset, it got stuck on 35% and it doesn’t want to move, I don’t know what to do, my laptop has fairly good specs, so I really can’t understand why is taking so long

Does somebody know what to do? Please help!

submitted by /u/YTMrHatena
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YTMrHatena, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Marie Win User

Stuck during factory reset.

So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours.

Marie, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Update stuck at 35% completed

Hi Johanson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that your device is stuck at 35% of installation of Windows Updates, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using wired/ wireless internet connection?
    • Have you installed any anti-virus software on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the computer and perform the below troubleshooting steps.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device) and try if you are able to install the Windows Updates. Also, try to uninstall the anti-virus
    software installed on your device.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Corvs Win User

Factory reset stuck on 35%

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Thanks, I can look at that now I'm on a laptop. Here was the screen tapping F11:

Factory reset stuck on 35% [​IMG]

and this was the system before restoring it:

Factory reset stuck on 35% [​IMG]

Corvs, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Factory reset stuck on 35%

1. Factory reset stuck on 35% - Similar Threads - Factory reset stuck

2. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  3. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  4. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  6. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  7. Stuck on factory reset

8. My windows laptop factory reset struck at 35 percent?

My windows laptop factory reset struck at 35 percent?: I am using HP notebook 15 laptop which have windows 10. Due to some problems I decided I factory reset my laptop so now the reset process is stuck at 35 percent for long timeCan anyone help me?...
  9. Stuck at factory-reset

Stuck at factory-reset: Hi! Long story short; after some irresponsible downloads bootleg games etc my computer ran a bit slow and some antivirus program kept changeing my searchengine i decided to do a factory reset and to erase all my files all legit games stored in steam accounts etc anyway. I...
  10. Stuck in factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in factory reset: Earlier today I decided to factory reset my pc, cause it was running slow, first time I did it, I forgot to make it would clear all my drives, so it only cleared my sad which has windows, my pc booted up, and everything worked fine, but I wanted all the drives cleaned, so I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck on resetting this pc 35