Windows 10: Factory reset Surface 3 opens to a too small dialog box asking language, format, etc that...

Discus and support Factory reset Surface 3 opens to a too small dialog box asking language, format, etc that... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After creating a Surface 3 Recover Image and then a Surface 3 USB Recovery Drive, I began the process to reset. (Resetting since I bought the Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimDaggett, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Factory reset Surface 3 opens to a too small dialog box asking language, format, etc that...

After creating a Surface 3 Recover Image and then a Surface 3 USB Recovery Drive, I began the process to reset. (Resetting since I bought the Surface from a friend and want to clear it out for me.) As instructed, with the USB drive in I held the Vol Down button, pressed the Power button, and continued to hold the Vol Down button until the Surface logo appears onscreen. After a few seconds, a too small dialog box (approx 3"x2") asking for the language, format of time, etc. I press the tiny "Next" button and nothing happens at all.

My problem can be with the total reset, the too small dialog box, and/or no response of the touchscreen.

What should I do next? Thanks for any advice anyone might have for me to bring this back to life!

Jim

:)

JimDaggett, Nov 7, 2019

2. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Dialog Box Too Small in Windows 10 computer.

Original Title: Dialog Box Too Small

Some (but not all) dialog boxes pop up too small in Windows 10 on Dell XPS 13. Any suggestions?

BradyKrien, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Factory reset Surface 3 opens to a too small dialog box asking language, format, etc that...

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

The error “A required drive partition is missing” usually occurs when you attempt a system reset or refresh in Windows and the MBR or BCD record is corrupted.

I would suggest you to create a recovery drive. You may go through this article on ‘Creating
    and using a USB recovery drive
    ’ to get you through this. Please follow the steps on ‘How to reset your Surface to factory conditions using a downloaded recovery image’ in the same article to get you through the factory reset.

Disclaimer: A reset returns your Surface to its factory settings. It deletes all of your personal files, resets your settings, and removes all apps that you installed.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Factory reset Surface 3 opens to a too small dialog box asking language, format, etc that...

1. Factory reset Surface 3 opens to a too small dialog box asking language, format, etc that... - Similar Threads - Factory reset Surface

2. dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display: Hey, I've adjusted my display to be 200% on my computer. But the dialog boxes inside word and xls are all 9pt and I can't figure out how to fix. This is really problematic guys. visually impaired and NOT accessible. Other advice to adjust the display setting and increase by...
  3. dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display: Hey, I've adjusted my display to be 200% on my computer. But the dialog boxes inside word and xls are all 9pt and I can't figure out how to fix. This is really problematic guys. visually impaired and NOT accessible. Other advice to adjust the display setting and increase by...
  4. Dialog box font sizes too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  5. Dialog box font sizes too small

Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  6. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  7. File open/close dialog windows too small

File open/close dialog windows too small: Hi, I only have this problem on my Asus UX305FA laptop. Open and save file dialog windows are too small. The text is fine but the window size needs to be adjusted each time I want to use it so I can see the full file name and see more than 3 files. All of my other Windows...
  8. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  9. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  10. Black screen with small blue dialog box asking for a password. HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with small blue dialog box asking for a password. HELP: Hello, I had wiped my drives to give my computer to a friend and now when I boot it up, I have this password request and it had no password set and no password entered will work. Restarting it will do nothing. If it has to have a clean install, are there any links that...