Windows 10: Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

Discus and support Factory reset when Windows cannot boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, my relative gave me her laptop to "speed it up". The laptop was so slow that I have decided to make a factory reset. I started the factory reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vladislav Hejda, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

Hi, my relative gave me her laptop to "speed it up". The laptop was so slow that I have decided to make a factory reset. I started the factory reset which went well until the last restart when an error appeared. The error said that something went wrong during installation and I have to start over. The problem is that now I cannot start Windows at all. During boot there is always an error saying that I have to start an installation over and boot does not continue. I tried to enter a boot menu by pressing F8, but it does not appear. I can only enter a BIOS.I want to try to make a bootable USB fl

:)

Vladislav Hejda, Nov 7, 2022
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 7, 2022
  3. RCoon Win User
    Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Nov 7, 2022
  4. AndreePin Win User

Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Nov 7, 2022
Thema:

Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

1. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot - Similar Threads - Factory reset cannot

2. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset when Windows cannot boot: Hi, my relative gave me her laptop to "speed it up". The laptop was so slow that I have decided to make a factory reset. I started the factory reset which went well until the last restart when an error appeared. The error said that something went wrong during installation and...
  3. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset when Windows cannot boot: Hi, my relative gave me her laptop to "speed it up". The laptop was so slow that I have decided to make a factory reset. I started the factory reset which went well until the last restart when an error appeared. The error said that something went wrong during installation and...
  4. Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset: Hello My Name is Smith my problem is that I can't reset my pc. I tried to reset it through the settings but then a blue screen came up and it said: insert your windows installation or recovery media and restart the pc with the media. I tried to do it with the recovery drive...
  5. Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset: Hello My Name is Smith my problem is that I can't reset my pc. I tried to reset it through the settings but then a blue screen came up and it said: insert your windows installation or recovery media and restart the pc with the media. I tried to do it with the recovery drive...
  6. Windows 10 cannot repair or factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot factory reset running windows to go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot factory reset running windows to go: I go to factory reset my well I thought my windows 10 pc but it pops up with error message saying you are running windows to go. Is there anyway to bypass this?...
  8. Cannot factory reset laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot factory reset laptop: Laptop has been stuck on the Blue Screen of Death-Automatic Repair loop for almost a day. I cannot boot normally,, or into Safe mode. I can get into BIOS and the WinRE menus. Automatic repair does not work. Despite having them, I apparently have no recovery points. I can't...
  9. Windows 10 cannot factory reset

Windows 10 cannot factory reset: So I'm having a few issues. Recently sent laptop away for repair as it wasnt charging. When it was fixed it had been wiped so resigned in with new Microsoft account as forgot my old sign in details. (live regional so took a while for it to be sent off and returned etc) No...
  10. Windows won't boot or do a factory reset

Windows won't boot or do a factory reset: I'm beginning to reach the end of the road with my laptop, and I'd rather get it working than get a new one, but I'm a tad bit of a noob, so please explain things clearly, thanks. Upon my intense dissatisfaction with windows 10, I decided to switch to linux, and I...