Windows 10: Factory reset while locked out

Discus and support Factory reset while locked out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’m currently attempting to factory reset a computer at work in which a previous employee put a passcode on. I am unable to log in to the computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Austin Wright1, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Factory reset while locked out

I’m currently attempting to factory reset a computer at work in which a previous employee put a passcode on. I am unable to log in to the computer. I have tried to go through troubleshooting and the option for reset pc is not an option I have. What do I do from here?

:)

Austin Wright1, Feb 27, 2024
  2. traydc Win User

5800 does a factory reset also reset the sim lock

I have a 5800, which has been unlocked by the provider (Tmobile) so I can use an 02 sim.

The phone currently has the expired certificate problem, and as suggested in the forums a factory reset may fix this. I know that most of the phones setting will also be reset...

But will a factory reset also reset the sim lock, and lock the phone back to Tmobile ?

traydc, Feb 27, 2024
  3. unable to scroll lock screen after update htc mozart

If you can not slide the lock screen it may well be an issue with the digitizer.

The only other suggestion I have is perform a hard reset to return the device back to factory defaults. If that does not work, you will have to send it in for repair/replacement sushi21.

Steps to hard reset using phone buttons:

• With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    • Wait for the screen to show the instructions on how to do the factory reset, and then release the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons.
    • Follow the instructions onscreen to factory reset your phone.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Factory reset while locked out

Device lock to screen after factory reset

Hello TunbosunOgunniran,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Factory reset while locked out

1. Factory reset while locked out - Similar Threads - Factory reset while

2. Laptop Shutdown While Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Shutdown While Factory Reset: My lenovo laptop was originally freezing every few minutes and will shut down, so i tried to do a factory reset to fix the problem. But it froze while resetting and shut down. My laptop is currently stuck in a loop of constantly booting up, flashing a blue screen and shutting...
  3. Factory reset while locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset while locked out: I’m currently attempting to factory reset a computer at work in which a previous employee put a passcode on. I am unable to log in to the computer. I have tried to go through troubleshooting and the option for reset pc is not an option I have. What do I do from here?...
  4. Factory reset while locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Factory reset while locked out: I’m currently attempting to factory reset a computer at work in which a previous employee put a passcode on. I am unable to log in to the computer. I have tried to go through troubleshooting and the option for reset pc is not an option I have. What do I do from here?...
  5. Factory resetting accidental Parent Lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory resetting accidental Parent Lock: Hi there!I am running off a Lenovo ideapad 3, and I accidentally created a child account upon my OOBE. Now with the computer fully set up, I have attempted to factory reset the computer. When I start it, it gets stuck on the "Getting things ready", and has not ever passed...
  6. Factory resetting accidental Parent Lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory resetting accidental Parent Lock: Hi there!I am running off a Lenovo ideapad 3, and I accidentally created a child account upon my OOBE. Now with the computer fully set up, I have attempted to factory reset the computer. When I start it, it gets stuck on the "Getting things ready", and has not ever passed...
  7. locked out of my pc after factory Reset! & customer service,,,,,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out of my pc after factory Reset! & customer service,,,,,: 8+ HOURS INTO IT NOW, AFTER I RESET MY PC WINDOWS 11 I NOTICED THAT MY BACKGROUND/SCREEN LOCK WAS THE SAME AS IF IT NEVER RESET, SO I WENT TO LOG INTO IT, AND IT SAYS "THE USER PROFILE SERVICE, SERVICE FAILED THE SIGN IN. USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED,IVE TRIED EVERYTHING,...
  8. locked out of my pc after factory Reset! & customer service,,,,,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locked out of my pc after factory Reset! & customer service,,,,,: 8+ HOURS INTO IT NOW, AFTER I RESET MY PC WINDOWS 11 I NOTICED THAT MY BACKGROUND/SCREEN LOCK WAS THE SAME AS IF IT NEVER RESET, SO I WENT TO LOG INTO IT, AND IT SAYS "THE USER PROFILE SERVICE, SERVICE FAILED THE SIGN IN. USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED,IVE TRIED EVERYTHING,...
  9. locked out of factory reset computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of factory reset computer: I did a factory reset on my computer to remove my personal data before giving the laptop away. After the final reboot it asked me for a password for default user. So my account is gone, but there's still a password, even with no account. How do I get in, and how do I...
  10. Laptop stuck while factory resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck while factory resetting: I'm reseting my laptop but its stuck rotating between 3 different screens, the progress screen, HP loading screen, and a welcome loading screen. Its been like this for at least 6 hours and I'm not sure whether I should just wait or find another solution. submitted by...